Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Final render error

I'm running on Athlon 64 bit processor, New Asus mother board, 2 gig's of matched Ram and 700 gigs of hard drive space. I have windows XP serv pk 2 platform and use water cooling for efficiency.

I have no Idea Why I'm having this problem. For a while I was rendering HDV shots and SD shots no problem. Now when I go to render a shot it gives me "undocumented error"

When I go to play the file it states it is corrupted.

It Will still let me do Low :o rez shots just fine just not the high end shots. That is a huge problem cause I'm trying to finish this film sometime in this millennium and this has set me back a week. The video card is kind of weak but that shouldn't matter on the final render right? Is it just a bad load and I should try reloading the software?

Is it the athlon because it doesn't have the hyper threading needed for graphics and should consider an even higher end processor?

I really , badly, desperately need some advice otherwise My picture will be doomed! :o

I'd do anything to make it work.

- Sean

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no Idea Why I'm having this problem. For a while I was rendering HDV shots and SD shots no problem. Now when I go to render a shot it gives me "undocumented error"

When I go to play the file it states it is corrupted.

First things first... If you can create a small example project file for which this a repeatable problem, consider going to A:M Reports to raise a bug report.
It Will still let me do Low rez shots just fine just not the high end shots.
Does it do it for all final file types? For example, if you've been rendering to a movie file, does the same thing happen when rendering to individual TGA files? If so you'll at least have a workaround. (And if you've been rendering to TGAs, does it fail for movie files?)
The video card is kind of weak but that shouldn't matter on the final render right?
If you're trying for Final Quality, then no. (Out of curiosity, do you get problems rendering to file for other-than-final?)
Is it just a bad load and I should try reloading the software?
I've never had an occasion in which weird glitches like this were solved by a reinstallation, so I would hold back on that for the moment. Have you tried rebooting your PC? Every now and again even hardened A:Mers start weeping about strange problems that simply go away after a complete system restart.
Is it the athlon because it doesn't have the hyper threading needed for graphics
Hyperthreading has nothing to do with graphics - your Athlon will do just fine.

Well never the less I still really want the X2 and a new video card. It is bad let me tell ya. I will check out A:M reports.

as for having error on quality type it is always on final. Though it does fine between low- VGA.

D1 and and up it just started to have issues. Before it was fine so Im not sure what happened. I tried restarting and just go strait to rendering. Maybe the issue is Windows and some how when it tries to write it to AVI windows may have a driver or program error and messes it up. Boy I hate PC, takes almost all the fun out of Creation then again with out it I'd be sitting their with stop motion.