Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

my model causes the system to freeze up T_T;;

eptigo

I built this model in AM

and i got to version 30 of the model

(i like to work in versions incase something goes horribly wrong)

anyways, whenever i try to activate the shaded view on the model

the program freezes up on me

im not really sure what to do :huh:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to think back on what changes you've made just prior to this freeze issue. Did you add some material, did you do a copy/flip/attach, what were you doing to the latest version of the model? If there hasn't been that much of a change between this version and the one before it, just revert to the previous one and try to duplicate what you did to make it freeze. Once you find the problem, send a problem report to Hash.com/reports and avoid doing whatever caused the freeze until it get's fixed by Hash.

Naturally you should post your findings here.

im using AM 2005 for the PC

version 29 freezes, but version 28 is ok

as far as i can tell, everything was just fine untill i tried to rig the head to a bone, thats when the problems started

i think the problem may have something to do with the vertices in the head and feet

(feet :huh: )

i'll post the file so you hash ppl can take a look at it if you want

----

http://emar0.angeltowns.com/misc/femaleNX30.zip

Hello.

I took a look at your models in my copy of A:M v13.0e.

I had no problem examining your models. Two things caught my eye, zo.

Firstly: Both models have an item called "Drivers" embedded in them. This is listed just below the Splines folder, inside the Model, in the Project Workspace. I would advise you to delete these Drivers things. That might help. I don't know what they are, but I don't think they are healthy inside a Model. (Drivers are supposed to be inside Actions -- they are the splines that define movement.)

Secondly, there is something a bit odd about the mesh of the soles of your character's feet. They are grouped together (in the Groups folder) and the surface color is dark blue. That's fine. What's odd is that their surface transparency has been set to 100% so they don't render. Is that intentional? If it is not intentional, then you should crack open the group's disclosure triangle, crack open the Surface disclosure triangle, right-click on the Transparency setting and choose "Not Set." This might cure your problems. I'm thinking perhaps your graphics card is having difficulty rendering these transparent groups in realtime. If you want your character to be running around on invisible soles, then your next step should be to update the video drivers for your graphics card. Animation Master runs much more smoothly on machines that have up-to-date video drivers.

Respectfully,

Carl Raillard

PS: The reason the Standard Manipulator does not appear on the Head bone is because, inside the model file, the Head bone has its Limit Manipulators set to ON. This bone is specified to rotate only.