Hash, Inc. Forums

Some Film Fest Showings

I'm pleased to announce that my short film "The Cell-Phone," winner of the first Mini-Movie contest, will receive its film festival premiere at the D.C. Shorts Festival on Thursday, September 14, 2006.

This is a newly re-rendered and revised version, produced with a lot of help from A:Mers Jeff Lee, Mike Stamm, Glenn Antofer, and Rhett Jackson.

In addition, my films "<ESC>" and "Soap Opera" will be showing at the first annual Idaho Panhandle International Film Festival in Sandpoint, Idaho. The festival runs from August 24-26.

Have you printed them to film or are you showing them as video? Any chance of a quick summary of what was included in the new renders.

Video only; I can't afford to print to film, nor do I have the memory/disk space to render at film rez.

For the new render of Cell-Phone, I used AO for EVERYTHING; it looks really, really good. I also fixed a bunch of animation problems and made a credit sequence for the end (I used a lot of publically available models, and I sure hope I credited everyone responsible). In addition, Jeff did a Dixieland arrangement of a Scott Joplin tune for the end, and Mike gave it all the film grain treatment with a Nattress plug-in.

Fame is good.

I'll let you know if I ever get famous. :)

Way to go !

I was wondering I recieved an E-mail from I will attach it to this post. Ok I lost the E-mail? but I think it was from " II Monterrey International Film Festival, in Mexico. I did not do anything because I think it's a con. I received one E-mail about it then later I received another were they said they saw my animation on netfilms and they felt it should be entered. But here is the catch you have to pay to submit a film? they say if it does not meet there cut of submitted films I would get my money back. So ZazchBG how do these festivals work do you pay an entree fee?

I was wondering I recieved an E-mail from I will attach it to this post. Ok I lost the E-mail? but I think it was from " II Monterrey International Film Festival, in Mexico. I did not do anything because I think it's a con. I received one E-mail about it then later I received another were they said they saw my animation on netfilms and they felt it should be entered. But here is the catch you have to pay to submit a film? they say if it does not meet there cut of submitted films I would get my money back. So ZazchBG how do these festivals work do you pay an entree fee?

Entry fees are (unfortunately) pretty common. (In fact, it's very rare that they aren't used.) I would suggest Googling them to figure out if they're a legit business.

I was wondering I recieved an E-mail from I will attach it to this post. Ok I lost the E-mail? but I think it was from " II Monterrey International Film Festival, in Mexico. But here is the catch you have to pay to submit a film? they say if it does not meet there cut of submitted films I would get my money back.

Interesting - I also got an email but it was from some other festival www.ifct.org saying they saw my film (I think on A:M Films) - and that they would refund my entry fee if it didn't get accepted - I took it as a scam-spam email - but perhaps the festival is legit - but the email probably isn't legit. Email contents:

"Nancy,

I am writing to you about your film "Falling in Love Again." The Int'l Festival of Cinema and Technology is currently programming the festival line-up. I feel it could be beneficial for you to submit the project to the Review Committee. Guidelines are on the "submit" page at www.ifct.org. On the entry form it mentions there is a standard entry fee to submit a film to the festival. Along with the other materials, send a copy of this email and if the film is not accepted, I will make sure you receive a refund by October 20th, 2006. (In other words, if the film is not accepted you will not be out an entry fee.)

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Issac Alexander

IFCT-The Int'l Fest of Cinema and Technology

321-206-3655

www.ifct.org"

Sorry to hijack thread - I would expect an entry fee - I would not expect someone to refund it.

• 3 months later...