Hash, Inc. Forums

2 question..

mrollers

Hi Everyone,

I just have 2 questions that I havent been able to figure out myself so far..

1) If I want to use a custom resolution (like 5000 x 5000) which is not the same semi-widescreen shape that the program defaults to, how would I change this to get an actual view of what the output would be (5000x5000 should be a perfect square). I noticed that if I change the resolution to 5000x5000 when rendering that it will change the 'stage' to that resolution afterwards.. but I would like for an immediate change so that I can see what I'm working with before going through the rendering process. Sorry if this is confusing, I'm not sure how else to word it.

2) I was testing various rendering options and came across one that rendered the image as a cross between the modeling-lines and the Toon option (so it was basically a 'toon' where certain parts still showed the skeleton model. I liked the look and have been trying to replicate it without luck. Is there a specific option that I'm missing for this?

Answer to question 1:

-In the PWS under the Chor, you change the resolution of the camera. You only have control of this in a Chor window. Then the camera frame you see will show the bounds of what an actual render would give you. You can of course render from the Model or Action Window and set the resolution of the out put to File or AVI/Mov, but no in those windows them selves.

Hope this helps.

Haven't got a clue on 2. :blink:

Thanks for the help!

As for question 2, here's the image that I was originally able to create (I had to scale it down from the original 1080 resolution)

modelcopy.jpg

While I wouldnt use it in movie clips, it can make some neat images to modify photoshop and I would like to find out how to recreate this style

I'll try the toon bias thing tonight - I don't remember adjusting the actual numbers on the settings though, just enabling/disabling options on the "advanced" page before rendering.

The version says 13.0 (it was the one sold at Comic Con this year, with a yeti on the front)

I was playing with toon setting, just out of curiousity and (Rodney) I can't set a negative Bias. Only goes down to .01 and that turns everything Black. Could be I misadjusted another setting, haven't really playedwith Toon much.

• Admin

I can't launch A:M to verify.

I don't think it's the toon shading... more likely the lines.

Edit: What I'm thinking of is in 'Override Toon Lines'.

You are right in that negative numbers aren't allowed. I'm either forgetting or this has been fixed?

Integers less than 1 will yield the same results though. Try .2 for instance.

Note also that certain resolutions will not show the lines.

Attached is a very poor (failed) attempt at recreating the style.

You can see the lines but not much else is similar.

It looks like a gradient is involved there...

ToonLineBias.jpg