Hash, Inc. Forums

Toolbox

• *A:M User*

Here is a shot of our talking toolbox from our childrens video coming out later this year.

I have been working on the rig with the folks over in the rigging section. I have finally got some of the lip poses completed.

Steve

tool0.jpg

I added toolbox into the shed I built with a great deal of tools and began rendering. AM locked up on about the 12 frame. Started over and AM locked up on 11th frame. Started over and this time it only made it to 7 frames and then locked up. I am running 13e. I can create new project with the toolbox and render fine, or render the shed in a project just fine. When I combine the two models the maching just locks up.

I remember reading about a patch count limit and slow down. Toolbox has about 2600 and the shed with all the inside has about 4500 patches. So I have about 7100 patches in chor. I can work in the chor but I try to render even quick render the machines just locks up. Anyone run into this.

Steve

OK I goofed. the rendering was working but the patch count was over 13000 on the 9 models in the chor. sooooo. is there a limit of patch while working in a chor? If there is what is a "working" total for models in a chor? Is this something that Hash is working on?

Steve

EDIT

Nope it locks up!! I can not a report for the last couple of days either

OK I goofed. the rendering was working but the patch count was over 13000 on the 9 models in the chor. sooooo. is there a limit of patch while working in a chor? If there is what is a "working" total for models in a chor? Is this something that Hash is working on?

Steve

EDIT

Nope it locks up!! I can not a report for the last couple of days either

Have you tried importing the objects that won't be directly animated as "action objects"?

I think I have tried just about everyway now. At this point I am going to have to composite in after effects. Just get my position right and try working on the actions and hopefully I can line it up right. I am sorry David, I believe that was one of the tricks I tried as well.

Steve

I am becomming desperate. It appears that all the files I have been working on for the last 6 months are corrupted?! All have been built in version 13. If I load in from the library everything is ok. I can render.

All the models I have done will render in the modeling windows but if they are introduced in the chor window and rendered, (quick or full) it will render until it hits rendering patches. Once there it will stop forever and will not proceed. I have to kill the program. Mind you if this had been a model like the Bismark model I could understand that it would take I awhile. But I have not changed anything other than upgrading to 13e and when it slowed the modeling process down I have gone back to 13d. Anyway I am toast.

Steve

Thanks!!!

I have tried that one as well.

Here goes, of all the settings that I had changed in the chor was the focal point of the camera. I changed that back and bingo all the rendering features started again.

After talking to Jason at HASH he gave me some tips and I redecalled the model and it worked fine within the chor. I then brought in the other models that I had not changed anything on and the rendering stop once again. Changed the settings back to default on the camera and it rendered. So I really don't know what to say at this point but I am working again. So, I hope for the time being I can get this thing back on track.

Steve