Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

3D Soccer Stadium

here is more details

this is how my player body and his cloth looks like..., the other image is from fifa world cup 2006 on the xbox game console...look at the cloth simulation for the players T shirt and short..is this result possiable with AM cloth...i would like to know what i have to do to make cloth work

post-6866-1156120428_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1156120547_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Jin,

As great as Cloth can be for you I'd leave it to the last.

I'm sure you could master it earlier but would hate to see it slow you down.

I'd suggest pressing ahead with other things and start some Cloth experiments on the side.

As you find time... do other tests with different settings.

Work some more... experiment and eve try to break things more.

Keep focused on the work while you enjoy your experimentation.

If you do that I'm convinced you'll soon find Cloth to be a 'no brainer'.

It'll all be instict to you.

• 1 month later...

hi there

it has been along time..but i'm back. during all that period i was testing, addjusting and remodeling stuff, finaly i came up with this player character, i remodeled his body...what about clothing...i made some tests to see what every setting does..to be honest...some of them was very strange to me to understand...all i wanted to know is like: what will happen if i increase the stifness value and what will happen if i decrease it. simulating cloth in the action window wasn't ok..cloth mesh is dancing on the body surface very fast and shackes alot...not normal..i tried to simulate clothing in the chor window and it worked fine...i was simulating the ends of my cloth only..and i was wondering if i can simulate other parts.

but cloth appearance was always depends on the body surface shape...that's where i stopped..rigging my model.

i have a problem with the joints places...shoulders,elbow and hips..i heard about the fan bones and i search for a tutorial that explain it...i found this one http://www.sonofpat.com/shoulders.html

but i stucked, in the bone mode i added the fan bones and assigned the CPs as the tutorial says...then he says that i have to create a pose...right clith on the model icon and i choosed new-opse, here i found 2 options, percentage and on/off...which one i have to use? i choosed the percentage one...then i made the constraint orient like but what happen is that is pulls the CP away from its original location...what should i do here? should i adjust the bone position? and if i did so for all fan bones...why it doesn't work when i try to animate the shoulder bone in the action window??

i realy need lots of help understanding this bone setup..

can anyone guide me please?

post-6866-1159314562_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

then he says that i have to create a pose...right clith on the model icon and i choosed new-opse, here i found 2 options, percentage and on/off...which one i have to use?

When rigging characters, ON/OFF is usually the way to go.

then i made the constraint orient like but what happen is that is pulls the CP away from its original location...what should i do here? should i adjust the bone position? and if i did so for all fan bones.

Usually when you add an "orient like" or "translate to" you should press the "compensate Mode" button (at the top) before you click onthe target.

.why it doesn't work when i try to animate the shoulder bone in the action window??
remember to turn that rigging pose ON (in the pose slider window) when you are in the action or chor.

hi again....thanks for ur replies...the texture has no shade...i decaled the rotoscope i used...it belongs to poser 6..i didn't find any better reference, but the other image shows the decal i'm working on..does it have shade too?

decaling is a hard thing...i'm just starting with it...if someone know a tutorial about painting a body decal from scratch using PS or any other 2D program i will be greatful

thanks Dhar..ramadan mobarak brother

post-6866-1159401760_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1159401923_thumb.jpg

yes robcat...the values are the double of those in the tutorial...i donno why but it worked this way...if u would like to take a look at the model itself i would email it to u, just drop your email address to me...the fanbones around the hips ring is alot because i had to make the body have good number of patches for the cloth...

thanx

post-6866-1159741780_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1159741840_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1159741926_thumb.jpg

here's the first clothing test

all i want to know why the cloth intersect with the body

number 1 shows the shirt spline patch...should it be more???

number 2 shows the body of my player...should i increate the patch there???

number 3 shows the cloth part of the shirt

does any one have a solution?

post-6866-1160010950_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

I forget if V11.1 has the "good" cloth in it. I think that came later.

But in any event, cloth usually needs to start far away from the surface it will drape on. Typically they will shrink the legs, let the cloth fall, thensize the legs back to normal and then start the real animation.

somewhere there's a tut on that.

I forget if V11.1 has the "good" cloth in it. I think that came later.

Hmmm... Give up on V11.1 cloth. If you can't afford an A:M 2007 upgrade, offer to trade a model, or work on TWO, or something. You're beating your head against the wall for nothing. V13 cloth is much better.