Hash, Inc. Forums

TSM torso control anomaly

cribbidaj

I am using TSM2 (v1.07) with A:M v.13d to rig a model. After smartskinning I rigged the model using the TSM plug-in. While trying to complete a simple walk cycle action I have run into a problem with the "torso control bone" when I paste a mirrored keyframe. This problem is only happening with this particular model, so I'm assuming this is a case of "operator error" somewhere in the rigging process. Can you direct me how to alleviate this problem without starting all over with the skeleton process? I have attached a few lo-res jpegs to illustrate what's going on.

Another matter that I've noticed that is consistent with all of my models rigged with TSM is that the fingers, when pasting a mirrored keyframe, bend the opposite way from the fingers that have been copied from the other side. I thave made sure that all of my bones are pointing correctly. Any ideas how to address this?

Thanks,

Chris

model_r_side0.jpg

model_r_side__weird__1.jpg

model_L_side__weird__fingers_1.jpg

I don't use TSM so I can't really help, but I'm sure that if you posted this topic in the "Anzovin Products" section of this forum, you'd get more help.

More often than not it's actually the guys at Anzovin that will answer your question on that forum. The forum is listed under "General Discussion" / "Third Party".

Gerard

( it may be something as simple as TSM2 not being compatible with AM:V13 ... who knows)

The fingers issue has been experienced by many others as well. Are you using the 'latest' version of TSM2? I thought I'd heard that Morgan had fixxed that one, but I haven't been rigging much lately.

With the current V of TSM2 you will simply not be able to use 'mirrored' on the fingers...if you already have, then you can find all the keyframes for the flipped fingers and delete them entirely, and then go about re-animating them in the proper direction.

I would imagine that you shouldn't use a 'paste mirrored' on the torso as well...whats it going to mirror to? I would leave the 'paste mirrored' feature for the main limbs, not spines and fingers.

Good Luck!