Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Scrubbing Not Going Well & Quick Preview of Video

Kurrykid

I get some terrible results when scrubbing my video. The animation is not timed and it is difficult to see if you have an accurate layout. For example, when doing the "Can You Say That" tutorial, scrubbing to verify the lip sync is just about worthless.

So the solution is to render to see how it works. The problem is the render takes 1 1/2 hours to complete. Is there any kind of "quick render" that you can do that will do the entire 6 second video but quickly so you can just see how it looks.

I am using an Athlon 64 dual core 4200+ CPU with 2GB of matched RAm and v13C of A:M.

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a shaded render - very fast - make sure multi pass is not on as well - select polys to be 4,

but before selecting render to file, switch to muscle mode or director mode (assuming you are in the choreography) - so as not to see the bones - unless of course you want to

• Admin

I expect there is something amiss with your setup.

Not having enough memory can yield those realtime woes but that isn't your problem by the systems stats you've posted.

The first thing I'd do is install v13d.

Then you might start experinmenting, posting questions and testing to make sure you've got things optimized.

In short... I'd trade you my system for yours as yours is a better one. What is of course odd is that I'm not experiencing the problems you are. I was seeing some strange stuff though with v13c so I moved on to v13d as soon as it was released.

Rodney

I expect there is something amiss with your setup.

Not having enough memory can yield those realtime woes but that isn't your problem by the systems stats you've posted.

The first thing I'd do is install v13d.

Then you might start experinmenting, posting questions and testing to make sure you've got things optimized.

In short... I'd trade you my system for yours as yours is a better one. What is of course odd is that I'm not experiencing the problems you are. I was seeing some strange stuff though with v13c so I moved on to v13d as soon as it was released.

Rodney

Yepper...I just built this thing about a month ago and everything runs awesome on it accept for A:M. I get a lot of screen issues where I have to minimize the program and maximize it again to see the changes I made. Frequently when I do a bone movement and then scrub the frames, there is no change in the bone until I minimize the screen and go back or else close the program and reopen.

Again, everything is brand new including the boot drive on a RAID set with Raptor hard drives so it should be flying.

I am wondering about the nVidia graphics card. Could that be an issue with A:M? I have the latest drivers. Also, do you know what the ideal settings are in the options for a nVidia card with 256MB RAM (PCIe). Settings such as Open GL, Direct 3D v8, etc.

I will install 13d.

Thanks for all the help.

Do a shaded render - very fast - make sure multi pass is not on as well - select polys to be 4,

but before selecting render to file, switch to muscle mode or director mode (assuming you are in the choreography) - so as not to see the bones - unless of course you want to

Awesome...done in a few seconds as opposed to 1 1/2 hours. Thank you soooooooooooo much for the help.