Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Weight Loss Program

jmdsbussrv

I have tried everything, but for some reason, my model's head looks fine in the modeling window, but when I render, it shows noticably fatter.

This is the first time I have had a project do this. I have supplied an image to show the comparison. The image on the left is the rendered version, the image on the right is from the modeling window.

Image renders fatter in the chor as well.

Any suggestions?

forum2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it rendered out of the model window? Or the chor? It's obviously a scale in the x axis somewhere....maybe a pose?

Try it in a new project. If it still happens, you know it's the model that's the problem. If you can't find it after that, post it here if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input people.

I don't know what the problem is, but it is NOT a problem with every other project that I have, so it is isolated to this one.

Yes, it renders this way in chor or model.

I am not sure about the square pixels thing. I do not know where to find that setting. But I use the same settings I always have and do not have this problem with other models.

When I copy the head and paste it into another project or its own model, the same results happen.

Seems that I always find the strange gliches.

If anyone has any other input, let me know.

Thanks, JIM

Well, I went and tested a completely new model, just a primitive basic shape. Apparently, the problem is universal at this point. I am using a different computer now for several months, but did not notice this problem before.

Below is a picture of two different renders. When I render using the Render Animation Preview option, (shown on the right) it renders fine. When I Render To File, (shown on left) it renders fatter.

When rendering I am using the D1-NTSC option. I have used this option before with fine results.

Input is encouraged.

Thanks, JIM

eggcompare.jpg

When rendering I am using the D1-NTSC option.

The default aspect ratio for D1-ntsc is .9 not 1. The aspect ratio shows when you change the resolution in the render to file settings (using advanced mode). This is the reason for your distortion probably.

Perhaps you have accidentally toggled on perspective mode in the modeling window? Kind of looks like it. Right click, select view and check it out. Also, in the chor your camera's depth of field setting can cause this type of distortion. In the chor, in a non camera view again you find perspecitve mode.

Rusty

THANK YOU everyone for your responses and effort.

The perspective mode was off already.

The following shows the different renders.

The VGA at 1 did render as viewed.

The D-1 NTSC renders fatter at the .9 .

The D-1 NTSC renders as viewed at 1.

This leaves two questions:

1) Why did the previous models not render fatter before using the .9 setting?

2) Will the 1 setting in the D-1 NTSC decrease the output quality at all?

Thanks, JIM

eggcompare2.jpg

eggcompare3.jpg