Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TWO Modeler Recruitment

TWO is progressing well - so well in fact that we're moving into modeling for Act II, (there's still plenty of animation to be done in Act I but the modelers need to stay way ahead of the animators). Alain Desrochers, TWO Set Manager, will be looking for modelers for "Mrs. Yoop's Castle" (which Alain designed). This is the best set in the movie, with lots of gothic and macabre details, and plenty of opportunity to be creative without having to be a perfect modeler.

So, all of you car modelers please raise your hand by responding to this thread. You don't have to commit to a lot - just bite off a piece here and there: plenty of statues, ornamentation, hallways, and the like can be completed in a few evenings then you can get back to your own modeling. The whole A:M community will be watching.

Come one, come all. TWO needs you!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking modelers without TAOM certification? About all I am good at is modeling and decaling but I'd be up for some props or something static that need's not be too difficult to rig. I can do some fairly creative splining but when we start talking rigging and smart skinning,poses etc I start feeling intimidated. Are there any illustrations available to work from? Point me in the right direction and I'll give it my best effort.

I've been wondering if I should get involved in TWO. Does it require I have internet access at home? I checked the forum page on all the requirements and it seems I do, vbut can someone confirm this for me? Anyway, I'd like to try my hand at something. Here's a link to a pic of one of my own models.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23028&hl=

Ideally, you should have internet access. However, if need be, I'm sure you could be accomodated if you post models to a thread on the forum. Someone will update the svn.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've got:

Scott (Scottj3d) Holt for modeling and texturing.

Charlie (oakschas) Oakley for modeling.

Gareth (Gorf) Hardy for prop modeling.

You guys will be contacted soon.

Russel (Russel Nash) Nash for modeling and texturing.

Carl (cehenderson) Henderson for prop modeling.

Joakim (Mr. Jage) Tobiasson for prop modeling.

Okay, all of you volunteers, we're rolling now. Please go to the following thread and pick out an assignment.

I'm a volunteer and I would like to participate too, if isn't too late, of course :D

Some of my work with A:M here:

http://www.hash.com/stills/thumbnails.php?...p;search=marino

http://cole3d.net/am/curso/archivos/shazam/

JM

Joakim (Mr. Jage) Tobiasson for prop modeling.

Jesus (Shazam3D) Marino for modeling and texturing.

James (Neu_Type) Glover

There's plenty of modeling to do in Mrs. Yoop's Castle. Go to this thread:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23554

and read all the messages, but especially the first message, which contains two links: one is Alain's designs, and the other you should really watch - the animatic, and it is filled with models that need to be built. Pick one, post that it's yours, and post your work to the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, adding modelers to the TWO movie has just increased our need for MORE modelers. If you've been hanging around watching TWO's progress but haven't been contributing... Now's the time.

We need prop modelers for "Nimmie Amee's House Interior" and "Tin Castle Throne Room"; you're pick. Please post here or in the appropriate TWO thread to let us know you're available!