Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Playing with my flour sack.

T-Dogg

While I was having problems getting back into the modelling groove for my Batmobile project, I decided to take a little break and work through some of the tutorials in Animation Master: A Complete Guide by David Rogers. I modelled the flour sack and attempted to animate a walk (hop?) cycle.

[attachmentid=18185]

What do you Animation Masters think? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

post-8893-1152706439_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you Animation Masters think?

I really enjoyed the flour sack exercise in D. Rogers Book One. I'm certainly no master ... but it's looking good so far.

Sometime back, the floor sack was done on a trampoline. Pretty wild stuff ... a must see ...

BTW, are you using the latest D. Rogers book? If so, what do you think of Capt. Splines & Polygozmo? I've nearly completed them.

Hi T-Dogg

I think I would be able to comment better if you could display a mov file rather than the pics you did- I suggest rendering out as a quick time move and under compression select sorenson 3 to save size.

You could check out this site by Frank Silas as well:-Frank Silas lesson 2

Chris

ps why not start your own thread on ABC in the students forum?

Chris

What do you Animation Masters think?

BTW, are you using the latest D. Rogers book? If so, what do you think of Capt. Splines & Polygozmo? I've nearly completed them.

Yes, I am using the latest version of David's book. I haven't started Capt. Splines yet, but I hope to do so soon. It looks like a lot of fun and a great learning exercise.

Hi T-Dogg

I think I would be able to comment better if you could display a mov file rather than the pics you did- I suggest rendering out as a quick time move and under compression select sorenson 3 to save size.

You could check out this site by Frank Silas as well:-Frank Silas lesson 2

Chris

ps why not start your own thread on ABC in the students forum?

Chris

Thanks for the info, Chris. I'll look into it. I was going to try to save as a .mov file but for some reason I just saved as a series of images instead. Then I just took the images and made the animated GIF that I posted. I thought doing it that way would meake it easier to post here, but in the future I'll reconsider .mov format.