Hash, Inc. Forums

Cartoony boy

ragtag

Hi,

Would love some feedback on this character, good or bad. Especially on what to do with the clothes. I was planning to have some loose fitting clothes, but haven't come up with a design for them yet.

Oh, and sorry about all the grain, bloom and blur, I just had to play around with those. :rolleyes:

test0.jpg

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

Ragnar

p.s. He's still got one eye missing. ;)

Neat..it kinda reminds me of the look of what I guess was the stop motion of Rudolf the red nosed reindeer special they use to show at that time of the year..remember the elfs?

Mike C.

I think the grain, bloom and blur give this character a neat look. My 2 cents, for what it's worth, his hair is very dark. He has shadows around his face but the hair doesn't have any. Also, even with black hair you tend to get a few highlights from reflections. I like the style over all, it'll be neat to see him animated.

MrSlinkyman: You're right about the hair. I made it completely black, partly to hide that it's made out of rather thick sausages and partly because I wanted to make it look a little 2D.

Jerry: Ah, you noticed the ear. :) I had a hard time trying to make it one with the head, without adding too many splines to the head and at the same time keeping the ear perfectly round. I'll probably give it another go though, I just stuck it on there for now so I could get on with other parts of the model.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll do some more work on him, and post again when I'm further along or done.

Ragnar

great work!

as far as the ear goes, it helps with the whole 'physical puppet' feel. i'm biased, however, as i've always just jammed on my ears.

if you don't get around to integrating it into your head, i'd move the tiny convergence point under the skin to hide it.

-jon

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, he's adorable. Reminds me a lot of the style they're using for "My Little World"...

He's almost there. I feel like if you spend just a little more time on his clothes, he'll really come together. Right now, the shirt and pants aren't quite hanging right. They feel a little too much like lathed cylinders than clothes someone is wearing. Think about the character's bodily form under the cloth and how they wrap and hang around it, particulary about the waist/hips, ankles, and wrists, in your case.

Otherwise, good job!

Smudge: The character was kind of inspired by those little dudes and gals from "My Little World". I'm looking forward to that film, looks very promising.

As for the clothes. Those are not really final, I've been sketching up some different kind of clothes for him, just haven't made up my yet what he's going to wear.

Ragnar