Hash, Inc. Forums

„Chicory and Coffee“

kikiriki

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback. I played a small part. The whole team did a great job. I'll have the honour of representing it at a festival in Ireland.....possibly with Dusan.....so we may finally meet. :)

• Hash Fellow

That's First Class work! I admire that very much. It's so nice I watched it twice.

Any chance of that getting onto one of the Oscar qualifying festivals?

I remember on CGTalk there were a few complaints that the animation was too limited but if they saw it as a whole they'd see that it's just right.

I had a little trouble understanding the english, I might still need subtitles. ;) I suppose the english pretty much loses the rhyme of the original poetry. If it's ever on DVD perhaps you can include an original language track?

And there's a credit for A:M at the end! yay.gif Everyone involved in making A:M over the years can be proud too.

Dusan,

I appreciate so much about this short . . .

all the attention to detail, timing, lighting, etc.

Truly, truly, a beautiful animation.

I am enjoying your success vicariously,

as I'm sure, a lot of us are.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity.

Guys, thank you very much for this feedback! Really means a lot.

I'm getting quite a few requests and since I can show this to only 25 YouTube friends at a time, I will need tu suspend you rights in a couple of days to give new people oportunity to see the film.

Tommorow I'm flying to some Film Festival, so I won't be able to give the access to private screenings until the middle of the next week when I will return.

Any chance of that getting onto one of the Oscar qualifying festivals?

Well- Foyle Film Fest, where we will meet with Ken is a Oscar Qualifying festival :-)

I remember on CGTalk there were a few complaints that the animation was too limited but if they saw it as a whole they'd see that it's just right.

Those were complaints from the Animation Mentor students :-) They thought that the Disney way of animating (with all squash and stretch, anticipation etc...) is the only way.

There are a lot of things that I would like to change- and of course the animation is far from perfect. But I'm quite happy with this "limited" style of animation and I'm planning to work in this style even more in the future. I think this is the only way that small studio can animate a good stories with a small budget and in a reasonable amount of time.

I had a little trouble understanding the english, I might still need subtitles.  I suppose the english pretty much loses the rhyme of the original poetry. If it's ever on DVD perhaps you can include an original language track?

Really ?!? :-(

Unfortunatelly my English is not good enough to judge...

Is that very critical?

I'm planning to release the DVD sometimes next year. It will have both versions (original Slovene with subtitles, and this new, synchronised version) and a lot of other things. I will probablly also add a Blue Ray disc in the package to show the film in HD.

• Hash Fellow
Really ?!? :-(

Unfortunatelly my English is not good enough to judge...

Is that very critical?

I did have to watch a second time to try to catch more of it. I don't know how severe a problem that is. I'm from the part of the US that is regarded as having very "neutral" or non-accented speech. I've been stumped by people right here in Texas. Maybe European audiences are better at discerning strongly accented English.

Feedback from your live audiences is probably a better guide than mine.

Those were complaints from the Animation Mentor students :-) They thought that the Disney way of animating (with all squash and stretch, anticipation etc...) is the only way.

I'm not sure why, but stop-motion seems to be able to be animated quite differently than CG. Your CG is so carefully detailed and lit that I think you have that stop-motion thing working for you.

And I think you've proven that A:M has a fine renderer.

As I said previously, after being fortunate enough to see it in San Jose - I loved the original sound track, thought the subtitles were beautifully done, and thought the style of animation was perfect for the perfect look of your characters, backgrounds, rendering style & story.

It's unfortunate that there are those who wish to force the beauty of individual styles into a familiar box. Where would innovation come from if everyone kept copying ?

It's wonderful to hear of your continuing success! Best Wishes - Nancy

Your film is a master piece. There are so many aspects over which to rant and rave. The character design, the attention to detail, the animation itself, . .and on .. and on . .

It inspires to aspire.

Thank You Profoundly,

Myron

I think that your style of animation was excellent and I was very fortunate to represent your animation short at the 15th annual Temecula valley International Film Festival. After watching it many times on your DVD (pal version) and also to have seen it on 35mm twice at the festival I am still amazed at all of the detail in the background that is going on. The Foley (background sound) is so detailed that you have to hear it many time to really appreciate all of the work that has gone into your film.

Everyone at the festival really enjoyed it, even when they had to read the subtitles.

I again want to commend you Dusan and your co-workers that spent many hours on this project. your efforts will not go unnoticed.

• 1 month later...