Hash, Inc. Forums

STAR WARS: The Battle Of Mygeeto

Woloshyniuk and I decided to make one topic for our whole film instead of making seperate topics each time we do something new.

We will be posting all models and scenes in here, staring with my last recently made:

Ki Adi Mundi's Jedi Starfighter

Droid Starfighter

Battle Droid

Clone Trooper... I went ahead and gave the clone a colour design. id love to hear what you think of it. also, the legs i have there arnt done.. still need to smoth them out and finish them off.. but everything els you see is practicaly done

post-8907-1151804403_thumb.jpg

post-8907-1151804642_thumb.jpg

post-8907-1151804668_thumb.jpg

post-8907-1151804803_thumb.jpg

yes viper the clone will be textured, just as all my models will. but only once i get all the models done.

im not sure if im going to release them or not.. thats something ill have to think about lol

and as for the fingers.. the whole body under the armor was just for show (was taken off my old clone trooper) ill be doing a better body today and make sure it fits better and is to scale

Here is the tower of the banking clan ship that goes along with that wing i showed earlier. Most of this will be detailed with textures but there is till quite a bit of modelling to be done. Please tell us what you think. (try to ignore those star shaped shadows the little antennas give off)

post-9413-1152045736_thumb.jpg

If you guys need any of my SW models let me know.

Dan

Thanks for the offer but we want to try to do all of the modelling ourselves, plus we are only making a film that takes place during the prequel trilogy. You probably worked pretty hard on those models and we wouldnt want to take credit for them.

You could invest in The Setup Machine. It's about 80 bucks but worth it. I can rig, but prefer to model and animate. TSM2 makes life so much easier, just make sure you have the latest version of AM, not sure how far up you need to be updated but it doesn't work with version 10.5.

Definitly worth the money though. Wish I had more time I'd rig'em for you but my hands are tied right now. Models look great though. Wish you guys the best.

You could invest in The Setup Machine. It's about 80 bucks but worth it. I can rig, but prefer to model and animate. TSM2 makes life so much easier, just make sure you have the latest version of AM, not sure how far up you need to be updated but it doesn't work with version 10.5.

Definitly worth the money though. Wish I had more time I'd rig'em for you but my hands are tied right now. Models look great though. Wish you guys the best.

I was planning on selling my Setup Machine 2 if you guys or anyone else is interested. I'd take $50 or best offer for it.

Anyone can PM me if interested.

This stuff looks fabulous! Both of you guys have a monumental task ahead with the Star Wars Universe and I can't wait to see the finished product! You guys must really be big Star Wars fans because you can't sale any of this stuff, pity.

yes well obviously we're not allowed to sell this stuff. And were not considering selling any of it, were just doing it for fun basically. We may however enter it into a film festival or 2 just to get it out there.

That's the right attitude! It will do GREAT at festivals. (And donate the models to the "A:M Extras II" DVD for other people to make fan films.)

A quick look at commander bacara here.. its helm is pretty well done other than some stuff im not to sure about.. its taken me a long time to make this and i dont know why :S

hmm has he been wandering the forums? maybe leo knows :P

post-8907-1152227824_thumb.jpg

Hey! I like those pastel colors. Very 80's ;)

Actually those are more 70's....(and you call yourself a designer).

Excellent modeling. Can't wait to see the rest!

(btw, good thing you model better than you spell...)

I think this is pretty cool. Big undertaking. I've also wanted to do a SW fan film (probably everyone else too). If anything, you guys have show inspiration to the rest of us who haven't gotten off our duff to do something about it.

Hope it goes well.

(btw, good thing you model better than you spell...)

is that an insult or what?

No. I'm just tired of seeing people on this board who can't spell...unless of course you're from a different country and English is not your native language. I used to be a film teacher at a high school, and time and again I'd have students (Seniors no less) turn in treatments or scripts that had really bad spelling mistakes. Their excuse? " My spell checker was broken." So, though not an insult, think of this more as a piece of advice. Because you are a really good modeler and can really go far in this business if you so desire. BUT, one of the requirements from ANY employer is good communication skills. Both writing and speaking. No one will hire you, or keep you on board long if your spelling sucks. Also, if you submit a resume to any company (which they look at before even looking at your work), and there are any typos, there's a good chance it'll end up in the trash.

So, take it as I said as a piece of advice.

And, like I said, nice modeling.

Woloshyniuk and I decided to make one topic for our whole film instead of making ceperate topics eatch time we do something new.

Just an example:

ceperate should be separate...

eatch should be each...

Your first impression with any potential employer is your resume. Spelling mistakes end up the trash.

edit: whoops! See, I forgot to add "in"... doh!

Your first impression with any potential employer is your resume. Spelling mistakes end up the trash.

I assume you meant to write, "Spelling mistakes end up in the trash"...

Yes, I edited it. Okay, so one for me.

When Spelling and Grammar fight, everyone loses!

Btw, never trust MS Word's grammar checker. I believe it was coded by Bill himself.

Here's an example of one of my students' work. She was a senior, valedictorian to be, and her treatment was horribly misspelled. One of the words was supposed to be "meet", though she had meit, or something like that. I gave her the benefit of the doubt (though in my High School days our spell checker was a dictionary), and let her turn it in the next day, as long as the words were corrected. She did, and they were. "Meit" had become "Meat"...as in "The man went to go meat with his friends".

She got an F.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Star Wars discussion.

The reasoning behind the skirt is that the commanders are based off the ARC Troopers from the cartoon. They are clones that were bred and trained to be elite (so to speak). I think with him and commanding the marines they chose it for extra protection as you see them in cold weather in the film. Its the same principle as the Hoth troopers in Empire