Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Heiner

Not really a game ... but

Hi there,

this belongs not really in the games-section, but since it is about interactivity, i thought, it is a good place for it.

First please have a look at this, and plese dont be scared away because it is german.

www.fundragoon.net/fh

it is about interactive achitecture, and it is made with an quite cool piece of software called Wire Fusion by Demicron. So far so good. In general AM would be an ideal tool to make models for this software, if (as usual there is an if) If there would be and exporter for VRLM.

Especially because of AMs animation capabilitys.

Ok, however: If somebody knows a way how to get animated models out of AM into the VRLM Format, it would be cool if he could share this knowledge with me.

An then: If there somebody out there, who has an client, who would like to have something like this, i would love to help!

Cheers,

Heiner

Heiner,

I think the last version of A:M that exported to VRML was v4 or 5? (Before my adventures with A:M started so not quite sure).

Getting ahold of a copy of one of those versions of A:M with VRML support may be your best bet.

You'd lose much of the current functionality of A:M of course... but should work at least to the quality of what is shown via your link.

I'm not sure about the most efficient method/workflow to get current models out to VRML. Sorry.

I'm sure there are converters out there that would take an exported A:M model and translate it further into VRML.

You can do something fairly similar (in most ways better!) with the HA:MR Viewer and A:M Models but the release of WebHAMR is what would really satisfy your need. I haven't heard anything about the progress of WebHAMR of late.

If you want to investigate HA:MR technology I'll block off some free time to assist.

Rodney

I would like to add: The reason why i decided to go with Wire Fusion is, that it does not need a Plugin, and i want to offer my service to customers and agencys, because when it comes to presentations for a large amount of peoples, and you say "then your customer just has to install a plugin" you lost him, exept you can add quickly Flash or something else from Adobe/Macromedia.

WireFusion is also running on Linux and on OS as well.

I would love to go with HR:AM but for this particular field i think there is more potential for WF.

However, AM is still my main tool for creating 3D Content, and i just would love to have its power present in WF.

Cheers,

Heiner

Good points Heiner. Makes sense.

I'm hoping to have a few demos of HA:MR Viewer on the Extra DVD.

While the Viewer does have to be present it doesn't have to be installed. (that is my understanding at least from what little tests I've ran). If WebHAMR is similar no plugin would need to be installed to *view* animations. A:M would be required to *create* projects for WebHAMR of course. For the DVD this should work well... for viewing via browser... No Go until WebHAMR is released. Obviously HAMR technology is still being perfected. I do understand that this isn't the path you are taking.

Good luck finding an effective workflow into VRML.

There were a lot of high hopes for VRML when it was released.

For those that already work with exported models (.X format etc.) it should be a fairly straightforward process.

Edit: I just realized that the reason the viewer doesn't need to be installed is most likely because required DLL files are all installed with A:M. Ooops. So... plugin... DLL installer... A:M... one of those would be required.