Jump to content
Hash, Inc. Forums
Emilio Le Roux

The problem with new export method...

Recommended Posts

I just reported this to A:M reports, because I think it's an SDK issue. Yet, I post it here because maybe Chris or Arthur could think on a solution for this, since they have experience on exporting patches to polygons.

 

 

This is what happens with hooks:

hooktest.jpg

 

 

And this is a model with 5 point patches

5ptest.jpg

 

Both images show: the A:M wireframe, the A:M textured object, then the 1x export and the 4x export in Fragmotion.

 

 

5 point patches get fixed at 4x or more (also tried 16x...) but hooks are troubled at any exporting resolution.

 

I don't experience any missing or flipped (normal) polygons. Just these.. rotated, unaccurate UV coordinates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't experience any missing or flipped (normal) polygons....

Hi Emilio, nice job ! If you are looking for missing polygons try to export the Announcer model from the A:M Extra CD Volume 1 (Actors/Caricature/Announcer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emilio,

 

I have a question about this, How are you applying the texures to the model? I only use 1 poly per patch, and can Xport them correctly, I think it may be related to the method of the application...

 

I had the same thing happen to a guitar model I recently built, however, when I reapplied the Txture it came out just dandy.

 

NOTE: I tested my model in AMTEXv13, from AMv13.0q. using 1 poly and also 16 poly, I chose to work with 16 polys and discovered the artifact problem you decribed in the 16 poly render, as well as my fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emilio,

 

I have a question about this, How are you applying the texures to the model? I only use 1 poly per patch, and can Xport them correctly, I think it may be related to the method of the application...

 

I had the same thing happen to a guitar model I recently built, however, when I reapplied the Txture it came out just dandy.

 

NOTE: I tested my model in AMTEXv13, from AMv13.0q. using 1 poly and also 16 poly, I chose to work with 16 polys and discovered the artifact problem you decribed in the 16 poly render, as well as my fix.

 

 

Hey!

 

This problem was fixed some time ago. Thanks to the Hash team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...