Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MAAM Summer Meeting

ddavis

Hey Everybody,

Are any of you guys up for getting together the first or second Saturday in August (that would be the 5th or 12th).

If so I'd like to host another AM Summer BBQ Bash. Let know what date works the best and we can work it out from there.

I hear those DarkSkull guys have been doing some great work, can't wait to see it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Don! I don't know why I misssed your initial post, but here goes. The 5th is no good for me, I will be on my way home from vacation. Off the top of my head, the 12th should work for me, but I'll check the family calendar when I get home.

Thanks again for leading us!

Scott

Darn, the 12th is out for me. I can do the 5th or the 19th, but the Wife has already planed something for the 12th. Let me know if there are any other options. If its the 12th ill have to skip over it, but someone plese send me some of Dons Chillie!!! Please!!

Another meeting?

Didn't we just have one?

;)

I am pretty sure any day is fine by me... but I have to verify. I am 98.5% sure none of those days conflict with my busy summertime schedule.

A bunch of Mennonites are gathering at the beach in August... they may want me there since I am related to all of them in some fashion. Not looking forward to it. I will have to act like a hawkish war mongering republican Bush supporter or they will try to cast the demons from my body and save my soul. This may involve some sort of dunking in the ocean.

Happens every year.

I liked the conservative Mennonites better when they were pacifists... plus I like all of those demons in my body... they keep me from getting too lonely.

-Vern

Oops!

The 5th is out for me!

The 1st through the 5th are out for me.

---------------------

Apparently The Herding of the Zehr Family Mennonites™ is going to require 5 days to complete all of the rituals and the 5th is the last day.

This is usually the best day of all. We dress up as our favorite conservative supreme court justices and lure an "outsider" into a gigantic wooden representation of Menno Simons and get out huge bags of marshmallows then we...

... uh... scratch that. We don't do that.

p.s. If some Mennonites invite you to a party at the beach from the 1st to the 5th of August... don't go.

-Vern

Hi All, Just checking in to see if the date is up for this meeting. Really, I just want some Chillie! But the meeting will be fun as well. I know we are normally saturday people, should we consider a sunday?

If not maybe move it in ti September?

Ill keep checking in.

Alright,

Does anyone have a problem with the Saturday the 19th of August?

This meeting will, most likely be at my house, deep in the heart of southern New Jersey. I will post directions later provided we can all agree on a date.

By the way has anyone seen Rich Jackson (I mean the entity Jackson not the financially secure Jackson)??? Rich if you are out there make a sound or something, let us know you are OK.

I for one did not know that Mennonites could gather at a beach, you learn something new every day. I think we need more Mennonite AM users.

19th may be iffy for me. My anniversary is the 20th and my wife wants to go out to dinner for it, so I'm thinking the 19th might be her target date. Although if it isn't the 20th, it could be any day, I suppose. All rambling aside, put me down as tentative for the 19th. I'll volunteer to bring something when I know for sure that I can make it.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

OK....

So are we all on board for Saturday, August 19th?

Beer and chillie on me (well not on me...ya know what I mean)

If anybody would like to bring some cookies, whit, wisdom and...oh yah AM stuff you are more than welcome.

I'll post directions to my house in the near future.

I just found out that I cant do the 12th or the 19th. The 12th I have a BBQ that I am helping cook for and the 19th I am attending a con and having lunch (hopefully) :unsure: with Jeremy Bulloch and David Prowse. For those of you who dont know who they are: Jeremy played Boba Fett and David Prowse played Darth Vader. It's one of the once in a lifetime deals and just found out about the lunch.

David Prowse played Darth Vader.

Leo,

It's too bad you can't make it, all this time and we still haven't even met. Can't say that I blame you though... be sure that if you get to talk to David Prowse you ask him about A Clockwork Orange.

Before there was Darth there was Julian

julian.jpg

I hope it's the 19th... I can do that... with your help Don. I will bring more stuff this time and if John brings his computer I'll see about working on some things there maybe. About food: what should I bring?

Are there still plans for some of us to "car pool" to Siggraph?

I think I might be interested. Apparently not only will Hash be there... but my "other" favorite application will be represented (the "one man shop" that created it just teamed up with a bigger company and will be showing off the new version with a new name).

-vern

Are there still plans for some of us to "car pool" to Siggraph?

I would really love to do that Vern, but I think at this point it's out of the question, considering that SIGGRAPH is this week (July 30th to August 3rd), going on right now and already half over.

Sorry, but if it's any consolation I will make sure to have enough beer to get you falling down drunk on the 19th... if you so choose.

Oops!

Oh well... ha ha... uh... oh my...

Uh... ha ha ha...

Silly me. I should really check my calender more carefully... or at least look at the date. I mean usually on monday... I am already thinking about tuesday...

... it is monday right?

-vern

OK!

So far for the 19th we have...

Hubukai - Yes

Entity - Yes

Vern - ? (I think yes)

Leo - No (boo,hiss)

Scott - Most likely no (Anniversary stuff)

Zach - ? (probably jetting of to another movie festival/premier)

Haven't heard from anybody else.

Seems we're a little light this time, it is Summer after all. But I think the guys from Dark Skull Productions will put on a good show for whoever shows up. Plus there's going to be plenty of beer and chili. The second crop of peppers have just started to come in on my plants and they are always the better, bigger, hotter tasting.

I'll post directions to my house this weekend.

Sadly, I will have to confirm my no. I look forward to the fall or winter meeting where I hope to be able to show my mini movie contest entry.

Have fun!

Scott

YAH! :lol: Your presentation will be welcome, I love to see animations! Wish you could make it this time, but there are other important things that come along as we all understand. Hope you have a fantastic anniversary!

Don, Great Chile!

Rich, You're Brilliant

Vern, Skinny

Sorry I had to leave early. I missed Verns good stuff!

Cant wait for the next meeting. No interruptions for me!

Good seeing you all again...

Don, photos?

Thanks Don,

You provided a very fruitful meetingplace. Ideas were flowing like beer. That famous South Park phrase acounting for the continual demise of one perticular character... hits home! The anniversary was 8-22-06. But I'm fine right now... it still hurts, but I'm managing better these days.

Everyone was great as usual...

and Vern maybe you should do backgrounds/ sets in AM, and use the characters the way you have them now as rotos- that way you get the best of both!

John----- YOU ARE THE MAN! That DVD you made looks fantastic! IM me later with the size of the animations you used to make things so crystal clear. DSP will arise, soon.

Who is entering the next image contest?