Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Options Won't Open! Just for like 1 second.

MrShandavio

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... it is more like a general solution for view-problems, but you could try to start A:M with the shift-key pressed. That wil activate software-rendering and may be some other stuff...

Try it and if you get in the options then, you should change your realtime-driver...

I cant say, if that will help you, but it is worth a try.

*Fuchur*

Does this happen on any other of the drop downs?

Have you by any chance changed/tweaked you default windows "roll out" delay settings?

Perhaps you can post your system specs (OS etc) so we can help you figure this out.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
It happens to some other ones. Where can I see my roll-out delay settings?

Generally you find these in the operating system control panel.

If you are only getting this in A:M however... very strange.

Check your videocard driver to be sure it is setup correctly (and your screen is at an optimum resolution).

You should visit the website of your video card provider and download their most recent driver updates.

If you just want to get into the Options Panel there is a shortcut key to open it.

I never use it... so have forgotten.

There is is (The menu has it listed).

Try pressing the [Ctrl] key and then [P].

That should get you in there.

Off Topic but perhaps useful:

You can find a list of other useful shortcut keys HERE.

It's for other stuff, too. Like, right now, my Windows Media Player won't let me open the options. :(

I don't know how to use computers, so I'll just have someone look at what you've told me and see if they can fix it... Thanks for all the help so far. :)

• Admin
It's for other stuff, too. Like, right now, my Windows Media Player won't let me open the options.

See now that makes more sense.

I've had similar problems when running entirely too many programs at once.

Usually after a restart and uninstalling unneeded programs (I download and test a lot of programs) I'm back where I need to be.

Your problem sounds familar but it often takes someone right there at the machine to get it working quickly.

As the old saying goes, 'the problem is easy to fix... its just finding the problem that is hard'.

Let us know how things turn out.

Rodney

• 2 months later...

Eh, I got it figured out. You see, my dad has this program installed that limits my time on the computer. It's called 'Enuff'. One day it was acting up and kind of 'shut off' and at the time I was messing around in Firefox (which suffered from the same problem) and BAM! the options opened. I tried it in AM, and it worked again.

So I figured as long as Enuff is going, some things won't work correctly. Thanks, though, for all the help! :)