Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"Ghosting" problem

phort99

I'm encountering a bug (or perhaps a feature) where, during animation, characters and objects leave 4 ghosts behind them in addition to their current state. These don't appear to be a rendering problem as they appear as solid 3D models appearing on even intervals. This hadn't been happening until a while ago, and I'm not sure what I did (maybe an accidental key command?) to cause it.

This picture is an example of what I'm talking about, from the "take a walk" tutorial, as this serves as the best example.

ghostrabbit8gi.th.jpg

From what I can tell, it leaves one of these ghosts behind on every keyframe, though I could be wrong.

This problem occurs on all projects with any animation, and is particularly annoying on "can you say that" since his face becomes a mash of lips, eyebrows, etc., and because having 5x as much to render significantly slows down playback unless on the lowest quality. Only the current state appears when rendering, though.

I've had experience with the 3D programs Ray Dream 3D (now extinct) and Cinema 4D (still using). I've used both of these much longer than I have A:M, and believe it or not, I actually think A:M has a steeper learning curve in general. I do, however, prefer the smoother spline-based modelling system of A:M as well as more flexible animation in regards to bones (never could get them to work in Cinema 4D.).

One more thing (rant, rave, super-long post), I've been having some trouble with instability and crashes, particularly when using "undo" when manipulating or deleting points. If I try to undo after deleting a point, often it won't come back at all or will appear in some random place 16 feet below the model, or it might just give me an error and flat-out crash.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

shift-5 will toggle "Onion skin" on/off

try that.

It's very useful, but only when you want it to be. :)

... I actually think A:M has a steeper learning curve in general. I do, however, prefer the smoother spline-based modelling system of A:M as well as more flexible animation in regards to bones (never could get them to work in Cinema 4D.).

something that doesn't work would be the steepest learning curve of all, I think.

One more thing (rant, rave, super-long post), I've been having some trouble with instability and crashes, particularly when using "undo" when manipulating or deleting points.

First make sure you're onthe latest version (downloaded free from Hash)

But I'm wary of "undo" so I save my work frequently with incremented version numbers. Right-click, save as... it only takes a second.

Yep, you got it! Thanks for the quick reply! I enabled that not knowing what it was at some point and didn't disable it.

I was about to try Cosmic Bowling and it was turning into a really confusing mash with that enabled, so I gave up on it 'till I could get this fixed. Thanks again!