Hash, Inc. Forums

The parameter is incorrect

LuLu

Hi all,

I have been doing the tuts the video ones as well as reading and after the 3rd I decided to play with the actors and there bones a bit to get used to them.

I can't load certain actors though I get "The parameter is incorrect" even thought I get the right file for hair and such things. I tried restarting A:M and my computer as well as checked my drivers, they are up to date...

Any idea's?

I await your wisdom

Thank you ahead of time

What platform (Mac/Windows) and version (11.1x/12.0x/13.0x ...) are you using? Which models are causing problems?

I've seen this problem in version 12.0b, and it was fixed in 12.0c (for Windows)

In case you aren't aware of it, the people at Hash are fixing problems and releasing new versions very frequently. It's always a good idea to download and install the latest update for your version of A:M.

For v11.1 and earlier you need to go to the Hash FTP to find the latest version:

ftp://ftp.hashmirror.com/pub/updates/

For v12.0 and v13.0 there is a forum where WillP announces new version as they become available:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

The latest version of v12.0, v+, should not have these problems as it's well tested by now. V13 on the other hand is quite new, so if you already have the latest version and still get the problem you should file a bug report in the A:M Reports: http://www.hash.com/reports/main_page.php

The Only models that will load are the ones not in sub folders i.e eddie, keeket, knight , shaggy and rabbit. The others ask for things like eyes or hair found on the cd and I load them then I get the error.

My version is A:M 12.0n+

I run win 2000

I did a complete install so I just had a thought that maybe I should try to load form the folder on my drive instead of CD.

I will also follow the thread and see if there is an update.

I change stuff around and see if it helps and check back here later

Thank you

Were the models you're trying to import made in A:M? If not, that would be the problem.

Yep, I don't know the program will enough to try to import any of my models yet.

I am still working on it had a bit of luck when I imported from the hard drive instead of the CD's but only a bit.

I'm installed the 2006 upgrade but have not been back to that computer in a day or so when I can I will see if that fixed it.

Ill let everyone know in case this happens in the future to someone else.

Happy animating