Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Dad

Hi

I am working on something for fathers Day. I want to make an animation of my dad playing conga drums and singing babaloo if I can finish it in time. My friend jin kazama is making the conga drums. I started the head today. I was just gonna make a simple round head and put glasses and hair on it but my friend jin kazama encouraged me to push it more and I'm glad he did, I am happy with how it's coming.

I should be busy learning a software package right now but I wanted to do this.

Attached is the head. I will update later.

post-1974-1150424088_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1150424714_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I was kinda sick yesterday and slept most of the day so i wont have the animation done by fathers day. I'll work on the model and make him a card with it though. I'll still make the animation but not for fathers day i guess.

So there are no comments? Does it look bad? It's ok to be honest. Let me know.

I finished the fathers day card. I had this on the front on nice photo glossy surface and a fathers day message inside. My dad really loved it.

Thanks for the comments guys. I wasn't sure if the model stunk or not.

post-1974-1150645952_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

My dad doesn't play congas in real life but he will in my animation. It is just a joke because he calls my mom babaloo.

Thanks steve, If you are having trouble making things be sure to use tutorials that fit what you're doing when you make something from the A:M Resource Matrix. I used the cooper tutorial technique for this head. If you follow a good technique it will go quick and come out better.

Dennis, that is really quite good.

I hope He will be around for the NYNJA meeting this sunday, so I can see how close you got him.

jerry a.

I finished the fathers day card. I had this on the front on nice photo glossy surface and a fathers day message inside. My dad really loved it.

Thanks for the comments guys. I wasn't sure if the model stunk or not.

• 1 month later...

I tried out texture mapping my dad today. Here he is with and without glasses. I think he looks better with out them. I need to make better glasses. The rims are too thick. I have a seam on the side of the neck. I'll work that out. Hows it look?

post-1974-1154989560_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1154989570_thumb.jpg

Dennis,

Looks good... I too would like a comparison shot... but otherwise, his jeans look a bit like teen girls wear nowadays... too short for a guy his (my?) age between the crotch and the belt. not that he should pull it up over his belly.. just needs more length between the beltline and the crotch inseam.

(I know, I said crotch..)

Hey Dennis- this looks good! The front edge of the ear is a little weird with that ridge all the way around. Otherwise really nice and natural looking. How'd you do the hair? Is that a decal or Hash hair?

Gerry

edit -- I didn't realize there was a second page in this thread, so my comment was about just the head.