Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

space game my first steps

hey guys havent been around for a while been busy with life and stuff but now im jumping back into this with both feet!

i have been given the privlige to work on a space type game.

so far the game producer wants me to show some concept models for the game and tweak as as i go along.

so i started with making a ship some floating rocks and space station (the earth was from a project i did last year just threw it in there)

i was hoping you guys can give a few tips for designing for a game which i have never done before and i know its going to diffrent.

so take a look at some of the stuff i have now and tell me wht you think

video

earth2342.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hoping you guys can give a few tips for designing for a game which i have never done before and i know its going to diffrent.

Find out as much about the different "sides" there are in the videogame as you can. (good, evil, whatever) and think about Star Trek.

Each faction in Star Trek had their very own style and look. The federation ships were grey, smooth and had blue lights. Klingons were dark green and quite evil looking. Borg ships were very mechanical and looked like primitive shapes.

You want your players to be be able to look at a ship in your game and with no thought be able to tell friend from foe.

Good luck.

sorry i havent replied in a couple of days my art director said he wanted me to work in a diffrent program so i guess im not making a game with AM but somehow i will find a way to encorperate it.

this was the last thing i worked on friday before the weekend

planet_test0.jpg

dont know how but ill find something i guess

we are working in zbrush now so its completely uncompatable as far as i know

maybe i can ask him if i can use my hash model for like cut scenes squences just got to make the model look like the one from zbrush