Hash, Inc. Forums

Back to Basics

Shelton

• *A:M User*

After a couple of posts about rigging a character I started over with one. I guess I need to go back to the basics. I used the 2001 rig and added several items. My question is this. With all the characters provided on the cd all the relationships and contraints are built into the models. When you place them in an action or chor window the relationships follow. My problem is I don't know how to build all these constraints and relationships in the rigging process. Is there a good tutorial or is someone willing to walk me throught this. I have bought all the training cds and pulled them out to watch but most of them are giving examples or what is possible. I guess I need a hands on basic rig building

Steve

• *A:M User*

Maybe I should explain why I posted my topic. I have been working with the 2001 rig and felt pretty good about what was happening. Such as I added nulls for the eyes to aim at and was successful in creating a stripped version as well. And then I did something, and for the life of me I don't know what happened. All the pose sliders were messed up etc. So I thought I would go in and correct my mistake and all that I did was mess up the rig even more. I have always been the type to know why something happens. It has been hard for me to use someone else's rig and not know why it happens. Any way, I am going to watch David Simmons tutorials tonight and I will d/l your pdf file Mike to see if that will help me back along.

Steve

Edit

Mike

I forgot I bought your cd not too long ago. I will pull that out and see if that will help as well.