Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rockslide

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really good.

One crit. if I may; the guy that's ducking freezes un-naturally. My expectation is that after he ducks he'll keep leaning in the same direction as the rock slide so as to soften the blow (a natural reaction).

Good job. Can't wait to see more :)

the guy that's ducking freezes un-naturally

I think I understand, at least I can see that there is something wong when he realizes the rocks are upon him. Those secondary actions are still mysterious to me. By the way, I used repeatable actions with transitions to the max here. I love repeatable actions.

• Admin

Very nice!

You really set that whole scene up and choreographed it well.

I was already enjoying a lot when the rockslide began.

At that point I was fully entranced in the scene. Almost like I was there about to get pounded and pummeled to death.

Good thing you didn't end the scene just before the final piece otherwise I'd still be in shock wondering what my fate (or rather of those guys) might have been.

That I suppose would be my one suggestion if you ever went back in to change anything.

I think after the impact of the rocks a short span of darkness perhaps dissolving to the last scene with dust disipating would add additional opportunity for empathy with the plight of the diggers.

Just my impressions... not really suggesting you change anything.

It was just such a great scene that it easily sucked me into the story.

Now you've got me wanting to know more.

Well done!

Thankfully, he survived the incident.

That is of course the most amazing aspect of it all!

Rodney

didn't you render this with ao?it looks just like that picture you posted a while ago.

Yes, I did render this with AO. Now it would be a piece of cake to render since netrender is now in

beta 3 and above. I am reconstructing a small mountain village right now. I am finding that pixel displacement can be used with AO if done right. I will post some stills soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work and what is AO? How do u render in netrender?

Yes it is AO. I didn't render this in netrender because it wasn't available in v13 back then but now it is. I have rendered other animations with AO in netrender and they work great. Netrender should be available in the latest version of V13. You don't have to do anything different with your project file to render AO in netrender.