Hash, Inc. Forums

free webspace

Duke

Hi all

Does anyone know of a free site where I can upload my images for someone to download?

I have images round 20MB and are too big to email, is there a way that I can put them somewhere for my publisher to download, so I dont have to keep burning them to CD and couriering them.

If there is some way that I can do this on some free site, could someone please point me in the right direction.

preferably it must also be password protected.

any Ideas will be appreciated

thanx

Leo :blink:

Hi all

Does anyone know of a free site where I can upload my images for someone to download?

I have images round 20MB and are too big to email, is there a way that I can put them somewhere for my publisher to download, so I dont have to keep burning them to CD and couriering them.

If there is some way that I can do this on some free site, could someone please point me in the right direction.

preferably it must also be password protected.

any Ideas will be appreciated

thanx

Leo :blink:

Hello Leo,I use a site called www.putfile.com they allow you to upload files to a max of 25mb in either avi

or jpeg.It is password protected in as much you can only upload to your web space and delete stuff as neccessary but other people can look at it.

Here is a my web address at the site www.putfile.com/youngman1.Sorry it's not hot linked as i am @ work at the momement and are systems are restricted.I hope this helps.

Jay :D

Hi

thanx for the reply, I have checked out the site but the problem is that (as far as I can see) you can only view the files, no one can download it, you see I haveto have the files at a certain rez and spec, they must not just be able to view them, they must be able to download them, viewing isnt needed, I just need to be able to put them there and they must download it....

Leo

Hi

thanx for the reply, I have checked out the site but the problem is that (as far as I can see) you can only view the files, no one can download it, you see I haveto have the files at a certain rez and spec, they must not just be able to view them, they must be able to download them, viewing isnt needed, I just need to be able to put them there and they must download it....

Leo

Sorry Leo,I misread what you were after.I havent come across a free solution but there is a place

called www.filecloud.com but this would cost in us dollars approx 4.95 a month.I don't know how much you spend on couriers but this might be a cheaper solution in the long run.

Jay :unsure:

• Admin

www.box.net provides storage space for free but not for hotlinking/viewing the files... more for downloading. There is a paid version as well. You'd have a whole lot of space to link people to your files.

From their site:

Free Online Storage

Access important files from any computer

Share photos, and files too big for email

Synchronize and backup folders

Sub-accounts and RSS feeds for groups

1GB for free or 5GB for only $4.99/mo

A hard offer to beat.

http://www.box.net/

WOW!!!!!i've been looking for a site like this!!!

could everyone goto my site and click the link to box on there?it would help me get an upgrade,i'll do it for you.All i need is 5 people.

my site

I clicked on the link. Is that all there is to it?

• Admin

Credit where credit is due here.

David Simmons, (whose Squetch Rig Installation Tutorials you should immediately check out, clued me into www.box.net. Thanks David!

I don't share a lot of files back and forth (yet) so I haven't really been able to take advantage of it.

I need to use the webspace I already have more effectively.