Hash, Inc. Forums

Help required on modeling question?

youngman

Please can anyone help me?I am trying to model a bunker that would give me a trench effect,ie showing

the top half of a character from a straight on view.But when the camera goes above the character i would like to see into they're trench.I have attached some screenshots of a simple model but when i put the model

halfway down the ground the hole is filled by the ground.(hhhheeeeellllppppp).

[attachmentid=17133][attachmentid=17134]

bunker_2.jpg

bunker_3.jpg

Does your trench have a ground??

Could you remove the default ground?

Or could you just raise your trench above the default ground?

I have attached some new pictures of the model above the ground plane.

It dosent have a base.

[attachmentid=17135][attachmentid=17136]

bunker_4.jpg

bunker_5.jpg

I think your camera angle is a bit off. Maybe if you pulled in a bit closer and made the angle wider???

I'm guessing at this point because I'm not sure if I know what the problem is.

Sorry i will be more precise in what im after.

I am doing exercise 4 in Taom and im modelling a baseball pitch(done).i want to add a dgout at the side of the pitch wich will have players in it.the top half will show above ground with the bottom half under.But if i were to pan the camera past at a high angle i would like to see into the Dugout.I hope this explains what effect im after a little better.Thanks.

[attachmentid=17137][attachmentid=17138]

dugout_1.jpg

dugout_2.jpg

i want to add a dgout at the side of the pitch wich will have players in it.the top half will show above ground with the bottom half under.
You'll kick yourself when you see what the problem is...

Half your dugout is under ground level. You have an object called Ground which, I'm assuming, is the default Ground model that A:M supplies when you create a new choreography. This Ground model is a simple square plane with no holes in it, so it obscures anything underneath it. Half of your dugout is, as you point out, underground so, naturally enough, the ground plane obscures the underground part of the dugout.

You need to modify your Ground model so that it has a hole in it corresponding to where the dugout is. A:M doesn't dig holes for you!

Can you say "D'oh!"?

[.

You need to modify your Ground model so that it has a hole in it corresponding to where the dugout is. A:M doesn't dig holes for you!

Can you say "D'oh!"?

I'm being a real newbie here.How do i cut holes in the ground model.I have tried to delete cp's and all they are doing is removing holes @ opposite area's.See attached images.

[attachmentid=17139][attachmentid=17140] :(

cut_1.jpg

cut_2.jpg

What if you choose those point, go to front view and simply move them down to create a hole where your dugout can go?

Thanks Dhar,Ithink i've got the idea.See attached (it aint pretty)needs some work,plus i'm getting a bit goggled eyed @ the momement.Fresh eyes are needed tomorrow.

cheers.

[attachmentid=17141] :D

cut_3.jpg