Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Control Ring Syringe WIP

So, just for fun and to see how well I could do this... here is my attempted model after only 2 hours work.

Still working on getting the green goo to glow and decal of the CCs on the side.

Critiques welcome... (Help with the materials too :D)

[attachmentid=17125]

ControlRingSyringe.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The syringe looks great but I'd change the setting to possibly a hospital room with the syringe lying on a tray with other medical tools like maybe a scalpel, tweezer, scissors, etc. You also might consider adding more lights to have the syringe stand out a bit more.

here's a site I found of possible tools http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...GLG:en%26sa%3DN

Another cool addition would be the measurements lines on the cylinder.

If you used the chrome material for the metal part, you need a few objects and good lighting to make the chrome really show up.

One of my early (mechanical) models was of a dumbell weight rack with the dumbells. It's a rack I personally own, so I modeled it matching the material as close to the rack as possible (ie rubber material for the boots, a black metal flake material for the rails, etc). For The bolts I used the chrome material but I found out that it didn't show up in the model window very well. It wasn't until I read that to see chrome, it needs objects and light to reflect (duh). Once I understood this, I finished my rack and dumbells and imported it into the choreography and just with the lighting I saw a major difference. Once I added other objects it was incredible!

hope this helps,

Jeetman

Yeah, this is not for a still image, I was just messing around. I plan on putting the numbers (decal) on later.

I actually modeled this the correct size, it's the set that was out of scale. I just dropped in the 90sHallWay.mdl from the CD for a quick render.

I may add the tray and some other items... again... I just wanted to see how fast I could get the basics for the job that was posted.

I'm still new to this whole modeling for dollars thing. :D

Nice.

I would have to say however, that the needle is way to big..... if it's a needle that would be stuck into a person.....

But reguardless of that horror, the model looks clean and well thougth out.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

MMZ_TimeLord -

What you've done looks really good! I sent the check out a couple days ago and should have something sometime in the next week or so from "the winner" - we'll have to see how it compares! :)

Thanks Karl... B)

I was doing this as an exercise to see how much I could get done in just a few hours. I'll probably tweak it later, but this was two hours work.

I really need an AO 'stage' for stuff like this. I'll play with that in my copious amounts of 'spare' time. :blink::huh::P

If you remember the job description... he was looking for a 'nasty looking' needle to be added to the picture he had provided as a guide.

Well then, mission accomplished:)

nasty!

nice work

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

[attachmentid=17307]Her is one I made in Version 4 of AM, I think it was the first mechanical thing I ever made... Blimey it was a long time ago (Version 4 how many years ago was that?)

Cheers AndyG

post-6260-1149767802_thumb.jpg