Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

.mov problems

I'm using version 12.0 Socereze version.

I have to render a few animation files for my class in .mov format. The short I'm doing first is 10 seconds long and is simple enough to render in 12 minutes as an .avi.

When I render with default settings, it takes the same 12 minutes. But when I go to watch it, an error pops up that says " This is not a movie file.

When I render with Sorenson Video 3, no error pops up but my computer completely locks up.

Another, not so serious, problem; when I rendered the above mentioned animation as an avi, the sound was this loud static type sound and not the music it ws supposed to be. And another animation I've done as avi has a rythmic clicking that wasn't in the chor. (really annoying)

Any thoughts? Or should I go to Hash support on these?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The sorenson mov is the one that locked up my computer and it seems to be too big to go into the attachment. Somehow it got to be 3.17 Mb. :blink: I know that can't be the right size for 10 seconds. Can it?

Also, I transfered the default settings mov to another computer and it wouldn't play.

The sorenson mov is the one that locked up my computer and it seems to be too big to go into the attachment. Somehow it got to be 3.17 Mb. :blink: I know that can't be the right size for 10 seconds. Can it?

Also, I transfered the default settings mov to another computer and it wouldn't play.

I would report the problem to AM Reports. I usually render out to TGA's then combine the audio and image sequence using another program like Virtualdub or Quicktime Pro. Virtualdub is free, but is Windows only...if you have a Mac, maybe Avidemux will do the job if you convert the TGA's to BMP's. Quicktime Pro is very inexpensive though and for turning the AVI's into MOV's it's probably the way to go.

Hope that helps.

I have a windows XP comp with quicktime version 7.0.4

EDIT: I tried Virtualdub and it only converts TO avi. I'd rather not go looking for a convert to mov program. My search for a good midi to wav converter drove me crazy! Oh and my budget equals 0.