Hash, Inc. Forums

Luckbat, you okay?

Yeah, I'm okay. The fire--read more about it here--is in nearby Greenpoint. It was reportedly the largest fire in New York since the World Trade Center attacks, and arson is suspected. I saw the smoke from the Manhattan bridge on my way to work yesterday.

Thanks for caring, Gerry. If anyone out there has friends near Greenpoint, Brooklyn, you might want to check up on 'em!

I saw the smoke from the Manhattan bridge on my way to work yesterday.

Sometimes it's kinda cool when you can see the news "live" (so to speak). Also kinda cool that your net-friends can know about things like that, too. When the biggest recorded tornado came through Oklahoma, I got e-mail and messages from friends in several continents asking me if I was close and if I was ok. (I was, though it was as close as a mile away from me.)

I guess it's years too late to ask, but did you see the events on 9/11 (other than on TV)? I got a call from a friend who said "turn on your TV." I said, "which channel?" He said, "any channel." You know you gotta worry when someone says that.