Hash, Inc. Forums

I see a lot of people talking about a certificate on the forums and something about completing all the lessons...what are they talking about? :unsure:

In this section of the Forum is were people are working on the exe. from the Animatiom Mater Manual. This is called TAOAM "The Art of Animation Master". This is spear headed by Rodney basicaly you work on the manual exe. post your results/question/problems and we help you with them. Then after completing them all you get a Certificate from Rodney. Then after that there is the other forum "Student" were we have what we call the boot camp exe. same thing but next level no cert. then after that TWO exaplain that later gota go talk later

ohh...is there a limited time or something that someone has to complete the exercises? cuz i got my animation thing in 2003 or 2004 i think and then i lost the c-d then found it around the end of 2005... :(

also when you are done with a lesson, how do u post all the stuff (the format or something)

oh and the bootcamp. Do you get a new book or something?

ohh...is there a limited time or something that someone has to complete the exercises? cuz i got my animation thing in 2003 or 2004 i think and then i lost the c-d then found it around the end of 2005... :(

also when you are done with a lesson, how do u post all the stuff (the format or something)

oh and the bootcamp. Do you get a new book or something?

No time limit at all start any time finish when ever you finish does not matter what year your CD is.

Ok once you finish a lesson you start a thread like you just did but call it "FlyingMonkieBoy TOAM thread" either post a picture of the pose you did or model you created or you render and animation I would use Quick time / sorenson Video 3 / and set the resoltution to low to keep the file low you can post a file that is under 1 meg. here look down the screen as you type here there is a box "file attachments" Keep everthing within the one thread so Rodney knows were to look for it. I did it and I had a blast people help you when you get stuck and comment on your work on how to improve this and that. You also have other people doing the same stuff makes it more fun.

Now the boot camp no you don't need another book there is a website with instructions on what to do. This is more of a how to animate better once you learn the software or get introduced to it might be a better way of saying it. The boot camp has you learning the basics of animation and by doing it you end up creating a series of animations that you can use for a "Demo Reel" ok why would you want a demo reel? you might ask. Well If you like after doing the two courses I am talking about you can apply with your demo reel to be a part of the "Hash Movie Project" TWO (Tin Woodman of Ozz) link below

http://wiki.hash.com/two/published/HomePage

You can help us creat a full length Animated motion picture and be part of a team of modelers/riggers/textures/voice actors/special affects/lighting ect. and yes Animators. I started this journey in ?? Oct. 2005 and I am now a TWO Animator and I would highly suggest anyone wanting to learn to Animate for free to follow my foot steps I have found this to be a create opportunity and learning experience and I have been having blast

:D

Well's that's about it what do you think?

ok...when u make the thread, do u make one for each lesson or one for all of them (like post one then post the other when ur done with it)? also i would really really really *100 love to help with the movie project. but is everything going to be in one location and also i'm only 13 (dream to become animator when grown up)...but i would love to help in anyway possible...i just gotta finish the lessons.

p.s. is this gonna be on the big screen or to DVD?

ok...when u make the thread, do u make one for each lesson or one for all of them (like post one then post the other when ur done with it)? also i would really really really *100 love to help with the movie project. but is everything going to be in one location and also i'm only 13 (dream to become animator when grown up)...but i would love to help in anyway possible...i just gotta finish the lessons.

You make only one thread with your name on it (i.e. FlyingMonkieBoy Bootcamp) and put your exercises in it as we all participate in critiquing it. You'll keep improving on the same exercise until you feel you're ready to go on to the next one which you will post in the same thread. There will be some books that are recommended (I, personally, think it should be mandatory) to read as you follow the exercises.

Rest assured your exercises are being viewed by the people working on the TWO project. Once you're done with the bootcamp then you'll be invited to join the TWO team and that happens in the TWO folder.

Be patient, be open minded, do the best you can, and have fun :D

Good luck.

You make only one thread with your name on it (i.e. FlyingMonkieBoy Bootcamp) and put your exercises in it as we all participate in critiquing it. You'll keep improving on the same exercise until you feel you're ready to go on to the next one which you will post in the same thread. There will be some books that are recommended (I, personally, think it should be mandatory) to read as you follow the exercises.

Rest assured your exercises are being viewed by the people working on the TWO project. Once you're done with the bootcamp then you'll be invited to join the TWO team and that happens in the TWO folder.

Be patient, be open minded, do the best you can, and have fun :D

Good luck.

Yes Dhar put he first needs to do TAOAM then the boot camp they are different coarses that are run slightly differently. You do the exe. in the manual here first with Rodney then after that he goes onto boot camp in the students section of this frum.

Ok I am not aware of an age restriction for TWO I would suggest posting in the Hash movie Project section "General" of this forum to find out.

I am not sure how this is going to be distributated I hear Martin is working on that. We are Planning on HD DVD format wide screen but I don't think this will make the movie Theater down the street if that is what you are thinking about. This would be more of an Indendent film that might be seen in a Indendent film festival (Maybe) hoping

:rolleyes:

k guys thanks a lot! wish me luck!...Oh, and do i post the thread in the new users forum? also can i help in any way for the TWO project?

Talk to Rodney

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1010

PM or Email him from this place above you can start maybe by modeling a simple object while doing the course I have heard people talking or doing that so maybe the flower you make MIGHT! be used as an example.

Yes new user's forum (Here)

Luck has nothing to do with it it's hard work that does it. Put it's fun work

;) put still there is alot to learn I wish I started at your age :rolleyes:

but is everything going to be in one location

Forgot about this question everything is being done over the internet you will need High speed for the Movie part but not the courses

• Admin

I would imagine that you rendered to TGA format.

Windows (by itself) doesn't know what to do with this (really great) format.

Most image viewers can open it though. Animation:Master can open it!

Open the image in the Project Workspace (look for Image and then Right Click to open the file)

Right Click again and select 'Save Animation As' and you can change it to JPG or BMP which will open fine in Windows.

or...

You could just render to JPG in the first place. ;)

Your really should get a good image converting utility though.

I like and use Irfanview (www.irfanview.com). I use to say 'if it won't open in Irfanview it wasn't meant to be opened.' Its free but only for PC users.