Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Translate to problem

DeeJay

Hi!

Strange things happen to my constraints, maybe I miss something?

I just want to animate the enforcement-setting of the "translate to"-constraint from 100% to 0%, but before reaching the 0% the bone with "translate to" is snapping to a strange position.

I already found some postings talking about the same problem, but it seems there's no solution for this?

I'm still running the v11.1.

Maybe someone else wants to give it a try ... I've attached an example-project.

Cheers,

DJ

translate_to_problem.zip

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the interpolation method seems to have no effect on this problem.

Anyway, I'll download the videos and give them a try. Maybe they're the magic key ...

Cheers,

DJ

Okay, I made an assumption...not the first time, unfortunately. Here's the Project fixed. The null had some movement on it that took effect when the constraint let go...I deleted the movement on the null. Sorry I didn't check the file before this...I was pressed for time. It still doesn't hurt to watch the tutorial, but, in this case it wasn't necessary.

--------------------------

EDIT

--------------------------

This one should be in v11.1, the first time I posted it was a v13 file...my brain doesn't always work....as I have demonstrated already.

:D

Sorry, but the motion is a must for this animation! :P

You see, the eye-target in my Boris animation is following the fly up to some point. But before & after this part I must animate the eye-target in a normal way. So killing the motion-keys is not an option for me. ;)

Anyway, I'm thankful for your help!

DJ

:D

Sorry, but the motion is a must for this animation! :P

You see, the eye-target in my Boris animation is following the fly up to some point. But before & after this part I must animate the eye-target in a normal way. So killing the motion-keys is not an option for me. ;)

Anyway, I'm thankful for your help!

DJ

Oh, okay, then just adjust the motion of the null since it is the problem.

I'd like to, but the problem is:

While the enforcement goes down to 0%, the null-object is translating to it's initial XYZ-coordinates within the model itself until the enforcement reaches 0%. When reaching 0% it's snapping to the intended position.

Conclusion: the enforcement-value is not added or blended with the other motion of the null-object.

Why not?

Maybe it's a "feature" and I just don't get it?

Am I dumb? :blink:

Ok, I've found this in the reference:

BLENDING CONSTRAINTS

To blend two constraints OF THE SAME TYPE, simply have them ordered together in the Constraint list for the bone. The “Enforcement” variable (“0” to “100” percent) of each constraint determines the amount of blending.

So enforcements seems to be only for blending two constraints, not for fading out the constraint.

Cheers,

DJ