Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

An ambitious Star Trek project.

NEKOSEI

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can attach a file soon. My pws is a little messy at the moment. The wrap around effect was just a lens flare with no reflection, so it's easy enough to get rid of. BTW, do you want the galaxy class model as well for the phaser, or just the phaser.

I can attach a file soon. My pws is a little messy at the moment. The wrap around effect was just a lens flare with no reflection, so it's easy enough to get rid of. BTW, do you want the galaxy class model as well for the phaser, or just the phaser.

just the phaser!

ruscular@msn.com

Here's the prj with just the phaser.

Thank you, looks like you animated the material as well for the effect. correct? I was wondering how you did that.

For animating the material, go into the action window with the phaser as the model. In the pws, next to shortcut to phaser, click the show more than drivers. Right now it is red, but when clicked, turns the normal color. Expand that until you see groups. Next to the phaser group, there shpuld be shortcut to material 1 or whatever i called it. Create keyframes like you would for anything else. In the properties window, change the translation between the first keyframe and the next one (or last whichever you prefer). Render and your done.

I've now experimented with photon torpedoes, it takes a lot of tweaking with the numbers, but it's getting there. I'll post an animation soon.

• 2 weeks later...