Hash, Inc. Forums
triath5147

Super Slam Ball Released

Very Cool

I will be buying this game probably next month when I can. You should post this in the animation master thread so more people see it. There are only a few of us active in game dev.

nice website..

It prompted me to install the Hebrew language pack though. This might be an issue with more casual computer users.

That and the flash took forever to load and doesn't have a % done loader so i was beginning to wonder if the page had stalled.

looks like fun though :)

Well I wasnt going to dborruso, cause i didnt want it to seem like i was spamming the AM forum with advertisement, I figured it fit here though. Cuase it was a game made with AM. As far as the loading bar on flash, yes I agree but it was our first flash web site, and we had alot of trouble just getting it to work. As far as a Hebrew pack, I dont know, it never asked anyone else I know to upload that. But who knows.

The actual game physics was handled by Game Studio, but all art and lighting as done in AM. ALL models and backgrounds. It actually uses invisible world geo for collision and all you see is the AM content.

Although we are thinking now we may use the second level for the demo, so people see the kinds of obstacles u will encoounter during the game.

I think 'Showcase' would also be an appropriate place to post this. :)

Well done!

If to export models of a level from AM in UU3D or Fragmotion with AMXtex, all models are exported to ONE place 0,0,0. How you have decided this question? At once in3DGS?

I'm not sure what your teying to ask exactly. I will take a stab at it anyway. But he level itself is a model. I rendered it in AM with it's lighting so as to make textures that are prelit and shaded for the game. I tahn exported the textures and models from AM and they were placed in the Game world with the World editor in GS. Is that wahat your asking?

But he level itself is a model. I tahn exported the textures and models from AM and they were placed in the Game world with the World editor in GS.

Sample.There is a level with 3 models - cube, sphere, ground. If to export from a choreography, there is NO export to .X files. If to export from objects, three SEPARATE files (cube.x, sphere.x, ground.x) will be made. I can not export ALL level, or I do not know how. You used AMXtex at export?

I hope though something clearly))

Actually I think AMTex does have a batch export for multiple models, at least it used to. But for SSB it was done by exporting each model seperatly, and than each model was placed in the game using the world editor in Game Studio.

1: it actually is easier to do it that way.

2: You can keep texture file size smaller, and have more control over it

3: For collision and physics purposes, all models, have to be reinforced with invisible world geo.