Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbin

Learning to make models talk

<_< I am a relative newbie to AM and I have completed the "Let's Talk" tutorial and did rather well with it. However, I wanted to try and apply that learning to other models and I am not sure what my next step is. :unsure: I can only find one sound file (secret) to use and I can't seem to find a tutorial on making up my own. Can anyone help me?!?!?!? :blink:

Thanks

Robbin

<_ i am a relative newbie to and have completed the talk tutorial did rather well with it. however wanted try apply that learning other models not sure what my next step is. src="https://www.hash.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/minecraft_unsure.png" alt=":unsure:"> I can only find one sound file (secret) to use and I can't seem to find a tutorial on making up my own. Can anyone help me?!?!?!? :blink:

Hm... you could start low-budget with a cheap microphone and the software that came with your sound card for recording voice. The sounds are just .wav files.

You could go high-budget and buy time in a recording studio. These days, they are usually digital and can give you the recordings on a CD/DVD. Edit with the sound tools of your choice (google for "Audacity" for a free tool if you lack alternatives).

Mid-budget: get a decent mic, Radio-Shack mixer, ground-fault isolation loop, and Audacity. Alternately, buy a USB mic/digitizer. Maybe build a small sound booth for voice recording and do it on your PC yourself.

As for tutorials, I'm not sure the task is so difficult it needs one. The challenge is getting to know hardware, costs, quality, etc.

Of course, if you just want to play with lip-synching, then rip a wav file from a CD and make a music video. I always thought it would be fun to make an alien and have her sing a song about outer-space, then maybe cut the song short by having something drop on her head. You can use my idea if you like. ;)

Get a regular (cheap) PC microphone or headset with a microphone and use either Windows 'Sound Recorder' or whatever application the MAC has if you are on a MAC. Setting your recording level may take some playing around with sound input settings.

After you have recorded your script line(s) save your sound file and import it into A:M.

Nothing compilcated or expensive.

NOTE: If you are on a laptop, you may already have a microphone built in.

Thank you to all of you who graciously replied to my question. I will try each one and see what happens. I am really enjoying learning AM and appreciate any help I can get. :D