Hash, Inc. Forums

cycling a path

ok i'm doing a project at school,i'm making a movie for dna.this would be my first "real" movie,i nomraly do picture for projects.anyway,i have a problem the paths around the atom only go around once.And when i change the screen time the same thing.how can i make them cycle so i can do every thing else.

btw is this in the right place

post-8313-1144611175_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

btw is this in the right place

it's not really a rigging question and it's not at all about "TinWoodsman of Oz" , is it?

ok i'm doing a project at school,i'm making a movie for dna.this would be my first "real" movie,i nomraly do picture for projects.anyway,i have a problem the paths around the atom only go around once.And when i change the screen time the same thing.how can i make them cycle so i can do every thing else

it has to do with "ease", a property of the path constraint. (hint, you'll have to look inthe property window to see it)

-make your looped path

-path constrain the object to it

-select the path constraint in the PWS

-set ease to 0% on frame 0

-set ease to 100% on the frame you'ld like the object to get back to its starting position

-select the "ease" under the "constrain to path" in the PWS listing for the object

-toggle the channel editor on (button with wavy red,green,blue lines) (at the bottom)(of the PWS)

-the curve for "ease" should have two CPs... at 0 and 100

-right click on either CP>Curve>Post-extrapolationMethod>Repeat

sample prj attached

hope that helps!

loopng_path.zip