Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modeling Assistance Required

I am a new user, and while trying to model a character, I have encountered many problems. In a nutshell, the whole thing is very overwhellming. I would appreciate any advice any experianced modelers here have to offer. Also, if anyone has a cool model they want to donate, that would be awsome! Many thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't used to modeling then I would suggest doing the modeling tutorials in the manual so you can get a better understanding. Here's a link to some tutorials on human modeling that you can probably adapt to your character depending on what you are modeling. Also pull one of the characters out of the library and study how they are put together.

Sorry I forgot to add the link. Luckily cfree68f posted the one I was talking about. The big thing is to not get discouraged. It does take time. I have found when I would model in other packages, I would always start simple and then work my way up. Sometimes the simple characters turn out to be the most fun.

Learning the tools and how splines work is key. Practice adding, detaching, reconnecting and cutting splines and practice with the lathe and extrusion tools. It does take time but the more you practice the techniques for modelling you will start "knowing" how to make and connect the part's you need to make a clean model. Colin's tutorials will help alot if you take the time to study them.

I am a new user, and while trying to model a character, I have encountered many problems. In a nutshell, the whole thing is very overwhellming. I would appreciate any advice any experianced modelers here have to offer. Also, if anyone has a cool model they want to donate, that would be awsome! Many thanks.

I've read as many tutorials as I've been able to get my hands on (and had time to read), but nothing beats watching the videos. There are the free ones from the main Hash web page, plus others that are linked to in these forums. I feel like I made massive leaps forward watching the few videos I've seen that Hash sells. I haven't seen any of the Anzovin videos, but I'd love to.

I would highly recommend the Anzovin products. I have most of them and still watch them when I get stuck, for reference, or just for inspiration. Watching them actually allows me to unplug and just let my mind wander and not worry about the technical side.

They are definitely worth a buy.