Hash, Inc. Forums

dojo bot rigging/constraints

jnord71

I am trying to teach myself to rig a model. I have been using a combination of tutorial #13 and the dojo bot anatomy tutorial ( http://www.museoffire.com/Lyceum/Dojo/Tuto.../Anatomy/T0.htm ) . The dojo anatomy tutorial built the skeleton from scratch. I wanted to avoid this so I imported the 2001 skeleton and installed it following the #13 tutorial. Once the skeleton was installed I followed the Dojo anatomy tutorial for the spherical constraints. Then I tried to follow the Declaration of Torso independence. I can't get the Translate to constraints to work. I understand the pelvis bone in the 2001 skeleton is upside down compared to the skeleton from scratch in the anatomy tutorial. I have tried adding these constraints not altering the 2001 skeleton, I have tried reversing the pelvis bone, I have tried adding the extra bone the anatomy tutorial directed to (called the pelvis tip target) starting both from the bottom towards the top and the top to the bottom on the pelvis bone in both the 2001 skeleton and the altered one. I can't think what else to try. I am attaching both projects. It seems to work in the pose window, but when I try an action window the model separates at the waiste. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Jeff

I don't seem to be allowed to upload .prj or .mdl files. I can email the .mdl files somewhere if that would help.

I'm not familiar with that tutorial you are doing, so I can't base my comments on it...

But you say that it works in a pose.....

when you create a new action, make sure the pose is turned on or at 100%, whichever type of pose you

created.

what happend?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I checked all the constraints and they are all at 100%. I think I am going to try changing them all to on/off rather than percentage. Another thing I thought of is the skeleton the dojo tutorial built has a pelvis, hips, and a single back bone. To match this I deleted "back 2" from the 2001 skeleton I installed. I made sure the structure in the PWS of my project matched the structure of the dojo project. Any reason this would affect it?

I'd love to send my .prj files for review, but the forum keeps denying the attachments. I'd swear I've seen .prj and .mdl files on the forum. Is there a way to post them to the forum without attaching them to the message?

Secondary problem: I should probably solve one before starting another, but... When I have my model use an existing action (resolute walk, skip, jump) the knees behave like some described the knight's from 2006 do - they are nock kneed and bend backwards like a flamingo's would

Jeff

• Hash Fellow

If you 've already installed the 2001 rig, yo ureally shouldn't need to add anything to do those dojo exercises.

the 2001 has more functionality.

or is there something it doesn't seem to do?