Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Is there a tutorial on how to bring items forward ...

Lucine

I have looked and looked and can find no information on how to control the box that lets items come in front of and go behind other objects. I can fool around and eventually get the item I want in front where I want it, but I can not seem to find the key that does this with any consistancy. Where would I look for this information? Thanks, Lucine

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Layers are objects in space like any other model. Choose an ovehead view and move one closer to or farther from the camera to arrange it in relation to another layer.

Does that help?

• Admin

There is no tutorial per se on moving things that appear hidden in A:M.

There are however several ways to manage the location of objects.

Many people change to the Top View or Right/Left Views and use the Arrow Keys to move around.

Holding he Shift key down while pressing the Arrow keys will move at larger increments.

Alternatively you can find the shortcut to the Object in the Project Workspace (PWS) and enter the desired Coordinates in the Translate area. Using the PWS to locate the item first before moving to Top or Side Views is usually a good idea.

As Gene said images (and more explaination of what you are looking for will help.