Hash, Inc. Forums

the gallery is jumpin'

if you haven't visited the stills gallery lately, fans of the female form should go take a peek!

http://www.hash.com/stills/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

yes, he's uploaded some weird robot thinggies* too, but i really haven't been paying attention to those.

enjoy!

-jon

* that is to say, shiny metal boomers and hardsuits from his bubblegum crisis reinvisioning.

I personally prefer a more sultry, seductive and intelligent pose instead of the semi spread leg pose. But hey, that's just me. As far as the modeling goes, to me it looks top notch. Oops, I think I may have just challenged myself to put my graphic pen where my mouth is.

"Ohhhhhh! Its... IN the computer!" (for all you Zoolander fans)

Thanks for the kudos, Jon. Your work rocks, too!

Yeah, maybe I'll drop her right knee down if I revisit this peice.

As for skin, I made all the textures in Photoshop. It's not too hard to do, but its not photo-real. Actually, the overall lighting is what mostly provides the sense of reality.

Thanks, guys.

yep, will is a member of the preverts club as well, but i prefer his other woman: red lori [corrected] is it?

and bm, i'll make you a deal... shrink that godawful sig, and i'll tell you where i keep my naughty pictures.

-jon

Artists doing nude pictures--wow, that's new!

BLACK MAGE: A nude woman just standing there...that isn't perverted. The animation project that I was contracted to create her for, that might be a different story. But I didn't post anything from that.

Jon, that was "Red Lori". I need to find time to get back to that project--lucky he didn't see the nekkid hippo!

For lighting, I just use standard lighting techniques, such as rim lights, a key light, and a fill light. However, I do a LOT of tweaking in photoshop afterwards to make the lighting look better, like most 3D artists do. This amounts to making a copy of your render layer in photoshop, and setting it to Luminousity, so that you can accentuate the render by darkening and lightening different areas of the luminousity layer.

I already have three nudes in the gallery (the floating series with all the mirrors). I'm freaked out by my own work, too ;)