Hash, Inc. Forums

copy flip attach

camzilla

Ok so here is my trouble. I have a charactor that I am working on and i got one side of the model done. Can I rig that side to my bones and copy flip attach the body and the bones so I don't have to rig both sides? if so how? thanks

There are a number of ways to do it, although the easiest is to own a copy of TSM2 from Anzovin Studio. It has a built-in "Flipper" utility that can mirror the right side of your skeleton to the left side (though not the CP assignments).

There's also the Japanese plugin MirrorSplines which, despite its name, can mirror splines, bones, CP assignments and decals. The only problem is that it hasn't been updated in a while, and may or may not function under A:M v12. (And it's only for Windows.)

The easiest non-plugin way to accomplish this, in my opinion, is to:

1. Make a copy of your model
  2. Mirror it across the X axis using the Scale tool
  3. Rename all the bones labeled "right" in the duplicate model as "left"
  4. Delete the left half of your original model, and the right half of your duplicate model
  5. Import one into the other, and stitch them together.

Sure, it's 5 steps, but it works every time and it's the only guaranteed way to duplicate everything, even the constraints and CP weighting.

There are a number of ways to do it, although the easiest is to own a copy of TSM2 from Anzovin Studio. It has a built-in "Flipper" utility that can mirror the right side of your skeleton to the left side (though not the CP assignments).

There's also the Japanese plugin MirrorSplines which, despite its name, can mirror splines, bones, CP assignments and decals. The only problem is that it hasn't been updated in a while, and may or may not function under A:M v12. (And it's only for Windows.)

The easiest non-plugin way to accomplish this, in my opinion, is to:

2. Make a copy of your model

3. Mirror it across the X axis using the Scale tool

4. Rename all the bones labeled "right" in the duplicate model as "left"

5. Delete the left half of your original model, and the right half of your duplicate model

6. Import one into the other, and stitch them together.

Sure, it's 5 steps, but it works every time and it's the only guaranteed way to duplicate everything, even the constraints and CP weighting.

I am playing with this and it seems to be working except the bones are not copying over

You are not suposed to mirror the skin, you should mirror the root bone of the model. (scale it -100%)

Hope that this works

Drvarceto

That makes much more sense and i can scale it manually but when i click to do -100 it is locked. do u know how to fix that?