Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Smart skin

Christian

Hello

Sorry if this has been covered, Ive searched the forum but been unable to find a solution.

Im simply trying to mirror smartskins, but after I perform the `mirror all smartskins` operation, all I get is a new -but empty- smartskin folder. On the original side I can find a folder containing all of the modified splines, but on the mirrored side, the smartskin folder is just empty.

Ive also tried deleting smartskins on other models, on one side only, then using `mirror all smartskins` to get them back, but I get the same problem.

I dont know what Im doing wrong, as its worked for me in the past (some how). Any ideas?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible that your mesh may not be perfectly symmetrical. If there are differences from side-to-side, mirror smartskin won't work. Select one side of the mesh, right click and select "snap to mirrored points" (or something like that.... I'm not at A:M right now). You may need to increase the toloerance of this operation in the options menu, too.

Thank you!

Yes, it turns out that the problem was the mirror tolerance. Im not at AM now either, but Ill have to check out "snap to mirrored points" which you mentioned. Much quicker than -delete, copy-flip-attach, no doubt.

btw, Ill formally introduce myself in the new users thread.

thanks again.