Hash, Inc. Forums

Simple Piston Tutorial

Gene

Hi All,

OK, I worked up this tutorial on how to model and animate a simple piston assembly like in your car or something like that.

This is not an exact setup but simply uses an "aim at" constraint and then uses keyframes for the animations. I might work one up using expressions or a rig...we'll see.

Simple Piston Tutorial

OT: It's funny when you listen to yourself recorded because I sound ridiculous at times...losing my train of thought...going off on tangents, but hey...isn't that how it always goes when your doing 3D?

Cheers,

Eugene

Another nice one. I'd really like to be able to pause these. They're getting so long now that it's hard to watch them all in one sitting.

Another intriguing thing is the way you always go up the left hand corner of the model window to right click on it. You do know you can do it anywhere in the model window! :D

Hey Ken,

I'll have to check if I can put some controls on the tut's.

The reason from the top left hand corner is that because the window is so small, you won't see the options in the window if I right click in the bottom right hand corner...they go off the recording screen.

Cheers,

E