Hash, Inc. Forums

Anyone ever rigged via SDK?

OdinsEye2k

Hey all,

I'm crossposting from the same topic on the SDK. What I'm trying to do is apply a Constraint (well, an Expression would be ideal) onto a bone inside a Pose. The RelationshipSample shows how to make a pose and rig up some properties there, but I can't figure out how to actually apply the Expression.

My first attempt had me walking through pointers with this code (assuming the HModel hm comes from editing the Pose):

HEulerRotateDriver *qrd = HEulerRotateDriver::New();
HFloatDriver *hfd = qrd->GetZ();

HBone *grabbone = hm->FindBone("Bone1");
HTransformProperty *tp = grabbone->GetTransform();
HRotateProperty *rp = tp->GetRotate();
rp->AddDriver(hfd);

Not really sure if this is working so far ... And the other question I have is where would the Expression come into play? Or have I totally made a mess of this?

I for one would like to say "What?"

Dude, what are you up to here?

Are you trying to do this for sh&ts and giggles or what?

Please elaborate.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I think his post in another section mentioned attempting an auto-smartskinning idea.

I've got a couple of ideas for how to formulate an auto-skin feature (based on basic prototypes like shoulders and such). The problem is that I need to sling a lot of bones and apply Expressions for appropriate control (and also so I can extend the basics with my refined control concept).

Ok....

Well since we're on the topic.... Here's my idea.

Every control point has a data box for it's location.

Why can't we make that data dynamic and change due to some sort of outside, but

definate,reliable and repeating activity.

These numbers would gradually dissapate the further one gets away from a joint to simulate

the stretchy-ness of skin.

So.... say we have an elbow, put a fan bone in. have the spline loop that makes up the middle fo the eblow attatch to the fan bone.

Now all the control point around that elbow spline loop attached to the fan bone have data that feeds in and out of them, at a disapating value based on the position/rotation of the spline loop.

Also this system could be have its number generated on the idea that one control point is always directly in the middle of two adjoining control point.... at dissapating values further away.... maybe even a spline loop that is identified as the stop point for this mathmatics system to hault....

Crazy talk? You tell me.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com