Hash, Inc. Forums

Bootcamp

bobkoonce

Animation bootcamps are in the Student's Subforum of the Learning Animation Master section of the forums.

If you haven't yet done the tutorials in TAO A:M (the booklet that came with A:M) you might want to start there for the basics... Bootcamps focus on ANIMATION...

So does the bootcamps have anything to do with getting the certificate?

or are they just for extra credit :)

by the way your replies were lightening fast, thanks for the quick response.

Bob Koonce B)

You complete the TAOM certificate first, which is a general overview of AM. Once that is done, then you can move on to do the boot camp, which specifically focuses on animation. When that is completed, you should have a demo reel and that is sort of your reward (rather than a certificate). Along the way you get lots of great feed back on how to improve your animations and it is presented in a way that allows you to logically build up your skills in a manageable way. It's a lot of fun. Give it a shot once your TAOM certificate is done and maybe you'll be done in time to work on the TWO movie that is going on here!

Paula

Paula,

I started handing in exercises 3-6-06 and am now on exercise 16: Smoke, Wind and Fire, 5 more to go! :D

Stuck on exercise 11: Giraffe, having a hard time understanding where to run the splines on page 124 figure 2 and page 125 figure 2, I suppose after some more modeling experience this will not be an issue, after awhile I'll probably start thinking in 3d. I understand that the Hash Bash is upcoming and I think I understand it right, that only poeple involed with TWO is allowed to attend, so got to go and exercise my mind (EX 16) <_<

Thanks for the reply,

Bob Koonce B)

• Admin

Outstanding explanation Paula!

We'll try to get more specific information out about this.

Here is the suggested trajectory for successfully learning Animation:Master:

- Complete The Art of Animation:Master (TAoAM). Get TAoAM certified.

- Graduate Animation BootCamp (ABC). Create a Demo Reel demonstrating your mastery of the principles of animation.

- Enter the Mentorship Program. The premier mentorship program in the A:M community is the Tin Woodman of Oz (TWO) movie. When you join TWO you'll work under an Art/Animation Director in a full production movie. TWO is a Martin Hash production and officially sanctioned by Hash Inc.

The Mentorship Program is headed by David (he wrote the book) Rogers.

At any given time there may be other mentoring opportunities made available through other production houses or individual mentors. Official mentoring opportunities will be announced as they are become available in the forum.

Added for Bob:

If you are officially enrolled in this process for the purpose of participating in TWO (and you are!) you are qualified as 'involved in TWO'. Make sure you are on Martin's list and hope to see you at Hash Bash 2006! :)