Hash, Inc. Forums

bone and rigging trouble

I am trying to use the sonofpat rigging and i'm having some trouble. On the tut. there it doesn't say how to get to the bone constraint. Do i use an action or smartskin to access the orient to contrainst? Thanks for any help...

Here is my model he is a kid friendly demon that will eventually be a darker color but he will not have eyes or a mouth or fingers.

post-2717-1142824148_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

First you right clicked in the model window and did New>Pose>ON-OFF

that wll open a new window

make sure you're in bones mode (button at top)

right-click on a bone>new Constraint

Later on when you use this character in an animation you will need to remember to turn this pose on.

First you right clicked in the model window and did New>Pose>ON-OFF

that wll open a new window

make sure you're in bones mode (button at top)

right-click on a bone>new Constraint

Later on when you use this character in an animation you will need to remember to turn this pose on.

Thanks problem solved

Ok ive run into another problem. When I add the orient like constraint the bones i have set in the possition I like seem to move quite a bit?

Well call me crazy but i have found the smartskin to be much easier so I am using that instead. So, I really like it but it is a little choppy. Does smartskin use point to point because i cannot find anything on the timeline? In an animation i don't have to do something at each frame just where needed and with smartskin i can't seem to do that. thanks

so here is my smartskinned leg. Not to be crude but his but looks like it has an alien in it. I used smart skin with the leg forward and backward and noticed that there was distortion inbetween. So i moved the leg to the bottom and moved the cps. after trying this in several places this is what i am getting. Is there and easier way to smooth things out or do i have to go from each rotation and make the corrections?

I am assuming that you meant to post a picture. Based on what I'm imagining you are seeing, I'm thinking one of two things. Either you need to go back and make sure the rig is installed correctly or you need to investigate CP weighting. Smartskin should be used to clean up a joint not part of the basic rig. If after installing the rig you don't get reasonable motion, I would suspect either bone location, cp assignments or cp weighting. Your character is basic enough that you should be able to rig him with reasonably good looking motion without smartskin and then clean up with smart skin.

Scott

I am sorry for the late reply it seems I'm moving. I forgot I couldn't place avi's directly on the forum. I have a website but its down so I'll post things this week. I was able to fix the problem with cp weights. I had never used them and that fixed the problem. Thanks