Hash, Inc. Forums

A rig for Tumnus ;-)

cfree68f

I also added a second knee that faces backwards
Um... wouldn't that be "an ankle"? <grin!>
anybody got a better solution?
Nope.

I'm always having problems with feet, mostly through the different requirements of placing the foot on impact and of lifting the foot on take-off. Heel-lifters help, but still feel clunky to me. I'm on the verge of modifying my home-brew rig yet again to play with shifting the foot bone between heel and toes with a pose slider (such that the foot bone moves relative to the foot geometry).

With such small "feet" (walking on a hoof is like walking on toes) your demon can probably operate quite convincingly without such worries, but as the subject of foot rigs came up, I thought I would mention it. If you have the time, can you do a quick re-render with the flesh in place - it would be good to see your demon in motion.

The demon (fabulously played by Tim Curry) in the movie Legend is introduced to the audience by a close-up of a foot-fall. The hoof touches the ground and you see the ankle flex quite nicely as the demon moves forward. I had this in mind when you first introduced us to your demon, so I was slightly disappointed when you gave him furry legs - that subtle ankle articulation would be lost!

• 1 month later...