teh1ghool

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

It's very unlikely that you made that spot out of one spline (which would not fill in), but someone will mention it if I don't.

I'm also presuming that that red CP which appears to be a 5th CP in the group is actually in the background.

It's possible that one or more of those CP is actually two CPs in identical positions.

try... this...

deselect all. one at a time select each CP (by clicking, not by grouping) and drag it somewhere else and see if there is still one left behind in the same positions.

I have done this before by "extruding" but not dragging the new CPS to a new postion, then forgetting I had extruded, and extruding again.

Last hope if the above isn't the case... delete the 4 CPs and make them over by extending the neighboring splines.

• Hash Fellow

It seems that those 4 points may be all on the same spline (bad) because there's one long spline winding it's way through that wing and turning back and forth across it

making that shape by starting with one cross section and extruding more sections toward the tip probably would have prevented that from happening.

Maybe this will help. I did my best to take you through the process. I can tell you like modelling and that spaceliner is pretty cool with the seating. Getting familiar with basic splinage takes time and practice. A couple of tip's, try not to have more than 2 splines intersecting in a CP as it causes creases, practice cutting and re-routing splines that do not "flow" smoothly. Look into creating some window's to show off those seat's. I'll try to make another step by step diagram to show you how to do that. Like I said, it will take time to get the hang of it but you're well on your way to modelling some cool ship's. Hope this help's!

Fix_Diag.jpg