Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Technodandy

UV Map

Hi All,

I am sorry I have to ask this question again. I posted this earlier today and someone gave me some help but when I got home and checked my post it was missing I do not know why. So I have to ask this again.

I have clicked, dragged and pasted Decals successfully on my AM models but in come cases my decals distort over complex shapes. How can I convert a AM model to an accurate UV map which I can paint or apply textures and reapply to my AM model without flaws? Is there a plug in for AM to make UV maps or is it already built in to the program?

Technodandy

Strange I can see both of your posts.

At any rate, Fishman answered your question with "

"Here is Will Sutton's tutorial on using the UV editor.

www.zandoria.com/uv.htm "

I agree it is a very good tut on how to use AM's UV editor.

Thank you Triath for finding that info again.

But back to the disappearing post. Do you have any idea why that is? The only thing I can think of is that I wrote the first post on another computer. Or maybe my home computer has different preference settings. Another funny thing is how my post got redirected from the New Users forum to the game forum. Strange indeed. I still can not find my other post even if I do a search.

Technodany

The A:M Forums are a wide and deep website. The "New Users" and "Students" areas are for participants in the TaoA:M and ABC exercises. (I was unable to find any evidence that you have ever participated in those beginner exercises.) If you have general A:M questions, please post them into the appropriate area. There are speciality areas, like "Reusable Motion" and "Materials," and there is the general "Animation:Master" area. For polygon questions, like uv-mapping or import/export, please use the "Development" area.

The A:M Forums are a wide and deep website. The "New Users" and "Students" areas are for participants in the TaoA:M and ABC exercises. (I was unable to find any evidence that you have ever participated in those beginner exercises.) If you have general A:M questions, please post them into the appropriate area. There are speciality areas, like "Reusable Motion" and "Materials," and there is the general "Animation:Master" area. For polygon questions, like uv-mapping or import/export, please use the "Development" area.

Martin,

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. What is TaoA:M and ABC all about anyway? I thought New Users forum was just that for new users. The Students forum is easily perceived on the face of it. That why I never posted in that one.

This being the case, could you redirect all my post in the new users forum to the appropriate forum. If you can not do it, Could you tell me how I can do it?

Technodandy

The "New Users" and "Students" areas are for participants in the TaoA:M and ABC exercises.

Isn't the "New Users" area for new users?

What is TaoA:M and ABC all about anyway? I thought New Users forum was just that for new users. The Students forum is easily perceived on the face of it. That why I never posted in that one.

TaoA:M is "The Art of Animation:Master". Refers to the booklet shipped with the cd. That topic is where you post your versions of the excersises from the book and get help understanding what the tutorials are trying to teach you. You will also get a certificate showing that you completed the tutorials.

ABC is "Animation Boot Camp". A more thoroughly designed set of excersises for you to work through in order to learn about how to animate using Animation:Master. Completion of those excersises are required in order to apply to work on the "Tin Woodsman of Oz" project.

When working through TAoA:M people are more likely to get a good feel for how to model, decal and animate in Animation:Master. They wouldn't otherwise get this insight as quickly if they haven't gone through the manual.

Animation:Master doesn't currently do UV Mapping (not in the traditional sense at least) so I think that is why Martin suggests the Development forum.

Decaling on the other hand is prime material for the New Users forum and the basics are covered in TAoA:M. There you will find other links, information and assistance that will help you too.

I think that is what is being said here.

We'd be glad to see you in the TAoA:M area.

Hmmmm,

I did some of those tutorials aready but i did not know you could get credit for it. I can do them again and post them. What is the process for posting the finished images? How do I sign up? I like to sign up for ABC too. Will I have to pay for this service?

Will I have to pay for this service?

Its all free. :)

(Hard to believe for me too!)

You can find information and launch out into the TAoA:M exercises here:

The Art of Animation:Master Online

I recommend completing TAoA:M before Bootcamp.

The Bootcamp can be found here:

ABC Bootcamp

or go straight to the Ultimate ABC Bootcamp webpage.