Hash, Inc. Forums

Boris & Jimbo

Looks great. Maybe vary the length abit more? Will their feet interact with the grass?

Ken, the length is something I have to tweak, you're right. But it seems that the length-map I'm using is not so "tweaky" as I thought it would be. I'll check it.

For dynamics and gras: I have to check rendertimes. Maybe I have to trick a little bit, don't know. Anyway, there'll be not so much interaction with the feed. :D

/edit: Ups, killed the last picture with the new version ... :/

Okay - now this is just the best ever. Your characters are simply off the hook. Love 'em. And now, you throw in the best grass I've ever seen? This is too much. I've posted often about using hair to make grass - with limited success. I would LOVE to get more details about your lawn there (settings used, number of emitters, etc). I'd even love to know the scale you used (height of grass, grid settings).

Anyway, what I'm saying is that this is really great. I'm blown away. I've worked for awhile to get this type of result, and so I really appreciate what you've done here. Any information you can post will be most appreciated.

Atomike,

I'll write down a little making of the next days if you like, but not today. Maybe tomorrow.

In short: I use two grass-bitmaps for two hair-emitters, including some maps for length, density and direction.

Cheers,

David

It is excellent - characters are so appealing! Love the environment.

As for the last still - if it's supposed to be a publicity shot - I would change the way Boris's nose is in front of Jimbo - it's a bit confusing to read the silhouettes of both characters - however if it's just a frame in the animation - then it doesn't matter.

Really a wonderful story/concept idea as well.

I have to say, there's been something bugging me about the mouses' forearms. They seem too simple. I'd love to see more shape to them. Especially around the wrist which seems too abrupt. More curves.

@Nancy: It's just frame 506 of the animation. ;)

@KenH: Although I don't plan to change the final layout of B&J I'm eager to know what exactly do you mean with "more curves"? Some Popeye style? Or a smoother blending of hand and wrist (regarding the texture)?

I don't know, it might just be an illusion.Because the color change from white to pink at the hand is so straight, it seems like the cps are peaked there. I can't say for sure but I'll let you know if/when I know what it is.