Hash, Inc. Forums

10 sec

Thats great, David!

I'm glad you are using the big blue guy again. He is too full of character to leave sitting around on your hard drive.

I didn't realise that the 10sec club was functioning again! They have very strict submission requirements don't they?

Two questions:

What do you use to output to the MPEG1 format required by the 10 sec club?

Did you use AO for this animation?

Too bad they didn't accept this animation, David. Next time, eh?

Thats great, David!

I'm glad you are using the big blue guy again. He is too full of character to leave sitting around on your hard drive.

I didn't realise that the 10sec club was functioning again! They have very strict submission requirements don't they?

Two questions:

What do you use to output to the MPEG1 format required by the 10 sec club?

Did you use AO for this animation?

Too bad they didn't accept this animation, David. Next time, eh?

thanks for the comments people!

I don't think the 10 second club ever stopped although I could be wrong this is the first time I've tried it in a few years.

The rules a pretty straight forward but the club does seem a bit unorganized to me they are always leaving out peoples animations for some reason.

I used studio 9 to make the mpeg1. It came with my video card I think.

Yep rendered with AO pretty low quality though only 5 passes but I like the AO look.

I do kind of wish it got in just to see if I could get some votes

:)

Great animation, love the incongruous touchy feely actions of the characters.

Thanks,

When listening to the sound track it was hard to hear the "T" in gate and it sounded like "give me the gay key" so I thought it might be funny to make the third guy look a little too friendly(even thought he was saying cut his arms off)....hehe

Yeah, I agree great piece!!!!

Was this done in A:M? Has that "maya" look to it!

Good job

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Thanks Mike

I was thinking the lightwave look I dont know how we are getting all this highend rendering stuff ;)

Heres the same character and setup but with much better quality 144 passes and 100% sampling I really like this look.[attachmentid=14818]

cartoonbg4.jpg

Jeepers that is terriffic animation ! Nice characters and rendering to boot.

Yeah, this guy was from "Clothesline". David, what's up with that? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

..doug

Well when I put it all together it just didn't seem as entertaining as I thought it would be. I showed it to you Doug. Basically I think it needs work to tell the story more clearly.

Yeah I still have my "rough cut" saved somewhere. I hope you get back to it, cuz I thought it was going really well. I often wonder the same thing though with my unbelievably long project. What if when I get it complete it sucks? And then i just have to put that out of my mind. hehe

Anyhow, back to your thread. Cool stuff.

..doug

Heres the same character and setup but with much better quality 144 passes and 100% sampling I really like this look.

don't you think that's a little overkill? I've done a lot of testing with AO and really 20-25% AO quality and 16 passes is all i've ever really needed. That's quite a long time to wait for a render that's only going to be slightly nociable better quality.

I must say that I completely agree with Dan about the overkill settings. I understand that just setting the properties to their maximum values and render during night is easier to do than testing different settings but I don't like the impression it gives that one need those outragous numbers and render times to get that sort of quality. One would normally use 100% sampling for AO only when heavy post-procesing is planed. And I mean heavy. Otherwise, the default setting should do the jub just as well.

Nice animation BTW.

Of coarse its overkill. I didn't mean to imply you had to use high settings like these to get acceptable results.

This image was just part of my testing of AO. It did render fast though exactly 2 hrs at 1152x864

The animation was rendered with only 5 passes at 20% sampling because I was in a hurry but 16 passes would have been nice.

bravo!

this is really cool.

i love the blue character!

and i love the AO combined with this shading!

did you use a darksim or an AM-gradient?!?

Thanks for the comments!

I used AM gradient for the character and another gradient on the floor so it didnt get washed out.

I must say that I completely agree with Dan about the overkill settings. I understand that just setting the properties to their maximum values and render during night is easier to do than testing different settings but I don't like the impression it gives that one need those outragous numbers and render times to get that sort of quality. One would normally use 100% sampling for AO only when heavy post-procesing is planed. And I mean heavy. Otherwise, the default setting should do the jub just as well.

Nice animation BTW.

....But this one goes to eleven....

Cory